What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Steve) #5365

Sous vide corned beef and cabbage again, the only way I will cook it from now on. I feel kind of ripped off that we were simmering it in water for all these years.

(Joanna) #5366

Keto seed crackers and Kerrygold

(Jane) #5367

Those crackers look good! What recipe did you use?

Normal Saturday meal… Bacon, Eggs and Sausage

(Joanna) #5369

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-seed-crackers it’s a great recipe! This time I used a mixture of: almond flour, golden flax meal, chia seeds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds. Also replaced the coconut oil with olive oil. Delicious!

(Jane) #5370

I’ve never cared much for coconut so thanks for the suggestion to swap for olive oil

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5371

Hey, I saw what you did, you just keep reposting the same picture Dave. :joy:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5372

Make em with Bacon grease and cheddar cheese. :bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

:cowboy_hat_face:

Nope, I cut it back some today. Only 4 eggs. :smile: … Actually, my Son was in the middle of something when it got finished, and he just gave me his plate and waited for the second one. Plus, I’m making NY Strip Steak & Dungeness Deviled Crab for tonight. (So the Steak is in the Sous Vide, and getting ready to cook up the Dungeness for picking). … Plus, thinking of picking up some Scallops to got with it. :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5374

Actually I noticed the cut from 6 to 4, I wasn’t sure if you’d run out of eggs or got scared by the North Western faux egg cholesterol/heart disease study. :cowboy_hat_face:

What!!! :flushed: No, no, no… :smile: This won’t happen! We buy them 72+ at a time. Usually 4 to 6 cartons of the 18 count. My Pups get Eggs quite often too, so they love em’ :slight_smile: … Plus we give the Egg Carton’s to our neighbor, who gives them to the Amish families she works with. They use them for their own egg gathering/selling. … Except that she keeps bringing us homemade sweets they also make, but as you know they are not Keto-Friendly, so this has stopped as of recent. :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5376

My brother and sister live in Amish country, Lewistown PA area. They get their eggs and lots of vegetables from them.

Yep, we have a lot of places here in Southern MD too like that. So there are plenty of Amish places to go. We do pick up some stuff here & there from them, but grow a lot of our own Vegetables most times.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5378

Large Crock Sauerkraut Harvest

My crock moat started going dry everyday and I got scared that barometric pressures were forcing moat water into the brine so I opened it two weeks early, I was going to let it ferment 6 weeks. This is about 1 gallon.

This is a simple large batch with fennel and coriander seeds and whole black peppercorns. It came out good.

I know you guys must think by now “This guy is sauerkraut crazy!” Actually I make it for myself and my son, his mom and her husband. It kind of a trade deal, they grow stuff I want and I supply them with healthy fermented probiotic organic vegetables. It more than equitable. :sunglasses:

Not to bad as a substitute, I did boil them as suggested and then simmer them in some of the sauce to let them soak up the flavour.
I suspect they would be pretty crunchy if you dident do that.
No negitive repercussions for hubby so thats a plus.

(Karen) #5380

Cooked corn beef and cabbage for me and my husband. Here’s my sliced up corn beef.

And here’s a snack with the Jilz Paleo crackers and a little Brie

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5381

All right @Keto6468, see what you made me do? That corned beef looked so good I had to join you. :yum::four_leaf_clover:

(Kate) #5382

So tonight was going to be butter chicken, but I didn’t have cream, or fenugreek, and it was blowing a gale out there so I didn’t fancy a trip to the shop.

What I did have was some Welsh lamb shanks and some Patak’s Rogan Josh paste. With a little ginger, garlic, onion & canned tomatoes, into the instant pot for 40 minutes to make sure the meat was falling off the bone.

(Ellen) #5383

Happy birthday!

(Karen) #5384

Is craving something sweet so I’m eating a Caramel Keto ice cream

The texture is gross but the flavor is good.