What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5345

Lmao thanks, Don! I had 3 monitors going for a while but my desk was so crowded that I felt my other workspace was the size of a stamp.

It was hard to downgrade :sob:

(Karen) #5346

Looks like a Saint Patrick’s day party with all those green shamrocky peppers

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5347

Spicey Italian Tri Tip and Romanesco

Cooked sousvide for 25 hrs.

Many of you have probably never head of, seen or tasted this beautiful Northern Italian vegetable from the brassica family, sort of something in between broccoli and cauliflower with beautiful psychedelic fractal patterns built on the Fibonacci series. Like seashells and many other things in nature. It’s got lemon garlic butter on it. Delicious :yum:

I made a Salsa Verde-Chermoula-Chimichurri-Pesto-Zhoug improvisation with fresh Rosemary, Oregano, Cilantro, garlic, crushed red peppers, Brazil Nuts, EVO, red wine vinegar, lemon, a splash of balsamic and S&P. Devine :man_cook:t3:

Last night I made yet another batch of sauerkraut, Indian Currykraut. Cabbage, carrot, green beans and cauliflower. Seasoned with fennel, coriander, cumin, nigella, mustard and fenugreek seeds with turmeric, fresh ginger and garlic, Serrano and dried red chilies, and sweet Garam Masala. It was so delicious before fermentation, I can’t wait till it’s done.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::cowboy_hat_face::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

Whoops, I heard two radio DJ’s while drinking and driving today and one said to the other, “Well you’re wearing green today so I guess I can’t pinch you!” burp…now I have to get drunk again Sunday. :unamused:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5348

Love romanesco because I love fractals lol. Very nice. Its amazing how the fibbonaci sequence is seen all over nature. Even music.

One of my favorite bands, Tool, wrote Lateralus in the Fib sequence. :metal:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5349

And now for something completely different.

I actually whipped my cream and peanut butter this time. Or shall I wax foodie and say, my airified legume butter chantilly, served within a molded plastique de vert.

(Christy) #5350

Deconstructed guac burger with deviled eggs & sautéed zucchini. With mayo, ketchup & mustard, because I like to sauce :drooling_face:

(Doug) #5351

For dessert - The Island of Lost Jalapeños.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5352

Did you really have more jalapenos for dessert??? I feel like I have to use the bathroom for you.

(Doug) #5353

Dena, no - just the end of the peppers. Eyes-bigger-than-stomach. :relaxed:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5354

@OldDoug well, I hope you enjoyed it! And you have leftovers or a midnight snack.

And remember, no jalapeno is an island, entire of itself.

(Doug) #5355

Yes, I’m donne with peppers for a while.

All future invitations to Darren for dinner are duly cancelled! :man_judge:t2:

(Jane) #5357

Dungeness crab… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Alec) #5358

(Windmill Tilter) #5359

Today I’m breaking my 5 day birthday fast with some homemade bone broth that I made earlier in the week. It’s amazing! Just look at that gorgeous fat cap :heart_eyes:. Once the bone broth has worked it’s tummy settling magic, I’m going to be having a big ol’ birthday brunch.

I’m turning 40 again today, and wow what a difference from last year. I’ve only been keto since the start of 2019, but it’s hard to believe how much has changed. For one thing, I’m 38lbs lighter! I would not have even guessed that was physically possible. For another, the gout that’s been tormenting me for the past 2 years has apparently taken a vacation. My once a week Body by Science workout has inexplicably taken advantage of all GH from all the fasting to build some muscle, and my leg press cracked the 600lb mark this morning! I’m stronger and healthier and skinnier now than when I was ten years ago. :slight_smile:

I usually celebrate my birthday with a giant breakfast of eggs, bacon, real corned beef hash, and french toast. That diet made me overweight, prediabetic, and unhappy. This year I’ll be having a brunch of eggs, bacon, real corned beef hash, and sausage. That makes me skinny, A1C 5.2, and happy.

WTF was in that french toast???

#ketoworks!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #5360

Happy birthday! Hope it’s a great one, and congrats on your progress so far :partying_face:

Happy Birthday, and congrats on your loss. :slight_smile:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5362

According to Chronometer, today’s lunch was 0.2g net carbs…which suits me just fine as I intend on spending my carbs on Cava (the Brut Nature kind) tonight :joy::joy: I learned a new lifehack today! :champagne::clinking_glasses:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #5363

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Homemade bone broth is the only way to go

from last night,
Smokey Chipotle Hot wings, blu cheese dip and coleslaw