What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Cathy) #4603

Lunch yesterday was 2 hotdogs on a dietdoctor bun. I call it dog gone good!!!:grinning:

Simple, down and dirty today… Sous Vide, Delmonico Steak (3 hrs.) seared with Mayo in hot pan (recently suggested to me, from @richard 's Mayo Sear) with Butter fried Mushrooms. :yum:

Also 2 squares 92% Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate & small amount of Peanut Butter Halo Top Ice Cream. Will be doing some fasting this week, so will start after tonight’s leftover Lasagna from last night. :slight_smile:

(Karen) #4605

I’m experimenting a little bit with my oat fiber flour. The texture is still good. Mixing it is crucial for the size of bubbles it forms. Here’s a picture. it looks a little bit like a bathroom sponge, but so does bread.

I’m using less than a tablespoon of butter but I did try it without baking powder and it does need the baking powder.

So I combine the baking powder flour, salt and a bit of sweetener. I blend the one egg and then slowly add it as I mix it into the pasty oat flour mix. I microwaved it for about 75 seconds and cut it in half. If I add the egg all at once I end up with an inconsistent texture with large bubbles and small bubbles… probably because of the baking powder. Blend thoroughly! I have cooked it 90 seconds or more but it gets a bit hard. VERY happy with this bit of bread

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #4606

I subbed the sour cream on my chilli for a hass avocado and a drizzle of avocado oil…:ok_hand:

Everyone, my Presidential running mate!

Campaign motto: Fresh Avocados in Every Kitchen!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #4608

I’m in!! :laughing::laughing:
Avocados for everyone! :avocado:

Leftover Cabbage Lasagna, w/ Brussel Sprouts in Creamy Cheese Sauce. Also Salad and Cauliflower.

2 squares 92% Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate. … Starting a Fast now, but don’t know for how long. :slight_smile:

Had a spaghetti craving so I made zoodles with a mushroom “meat” sauce. I found a red pesto that only has 5 net carbs in the whole jar, 10 total minus 5 grams of fiber. So good. I think I like zoodles more than pasta. Followed it by some leftover valentines Keto Cheesecake that I froze last week. A good day! Had a really good dinner-to-dinner fast with little hunger and lots of energy and ended with a lovely meal

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4611

@Acnickel Beautiful, I love the zoodles too. I got a spiralizer for Christmas. :yum:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4612

I had a turkey carcass plugging up my small freezer since early last November when turkeys had finally become available again. I cut them in quarters (2 breasts and two leg quarters and vacuum seal them for sousvide).

So I got it out and made 72 hr. bone broth in a Dutch oven at 180F. Great broth, and I was ready to throw out the strained part and tried the meat. It still had a good moist fatty texture especially the neck. So I cleaned out the dark meat and fried it in bacon grease with the organ meats and gave it a Chinese flavor profile and it’s delicious! Had some homemade Paò Caí (Chinese sauerkraut) with it.

I’m going to get a container of chicken gizzards and hearts next time I’m shopping. :man_cook:t3:

I pick these up anytime they have them in. :yum: … But they don’t always, but maybe 50% of the time.

(Leilani) #4614

Peanut Coconut Chicken with Broccoli, Snow Peas and Cauliflower Rice

(Lauren) #4615

Like gumbo…but not. It started life as a gumbo recipe, but there have been a lot of changes and tweaks.

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #4616

Hubby gifted me a dinner of chicken thighs wrapped in prosciutto and fried in butter topped with shredded gruyere🤗

(Karen) #4617

Good luck on your fast! Even 36 hours is good

(Brandy) #4618

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with a weekend away to a resort in the San Juan Islands, here in Washington State.

The first night’s dinner started with these briny little Judd Cove oysters. The main course was a ketogenic dream come true, with a Heritage, pastured pork chop, topped with this warm bacon slaw, more than half of which was bacon. The mash underneath is carrots and potatoes- I just scraped those aside and ignored them.

The second night my husband had the halibut Caesar and I had these sesame pork mince lettuce wraps with sriracha and rosemary Marcona almonds. I could detect a little sugar in the meat, which was a little disappointing but not surprising. Everybody thinks Asian inspired dishes need sugar. :cry:

Today on the way home we stopped at a food co-op/restaurant that has the most delicious pork belly to top off a salad. I have to stop and get some whenever I’m rolling through. They look dry in the picture, but when you cut into one of those little cubes with your fork- oh my gawd.

When we got home tonight I needed dinner to be simple and fast, because being on the road and waterways for 7 hours to get home…

So I cooked up some skirt steak for 3 minutes on each side, cut it on the bias after letting it rest and threw together a Dijon & caper cream sauce for the top. Seemed pretty fancy for ten minutes of work. Next time I make that sauce, it’s going on a piece of pork. Because pork.

(Ashley) #4619

Needed a late night snack! Local gas station, but apparently sell these at target!

(Allie) #4620

Rump steak for breakfast.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4621

@Shortstuff

What a way to start the day. :yum:

(Brandy) #4622

Tell me one more time how you could never do a diet as limiting and restrictive as Keto. I’ll just be over here shedding pounds, repairing my metabolism and stabilizing my mental health by eating bar food for breakfast.