What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Tamela Robinette) #4583

1st attempt at “keto lasagna.” I’ll post later how it was, letting it cool now.

Wow that looks so yummy… exactly what I need when feeling like snaking. Where can I get the recipe?

(Tamela Robinette) #4585

So my keto lasagna was good but I wouldn’t necessarily call it lasagna. It was more like a hamburger casserole, just not enough tomato flavor to be a lasagna. Hubby is on his second serving so that’s a good sign😁

We actually have two in the oven presently, Wife’s is making Cabbage Lasagna for the first time. :slight_smile:
I too will have to update here shortly, as it’s not finished yet. … Here’s the prepped before oven pics.

The smaller one is her personal one, since she doesn’t like the Mushroom and Onions in the big one.

(Tamela Robinette) #4587

Interesting, do let us know how it tastes. The “pasta” for mine was made from eggs and cream cheese and psyllium husks powder. It actually tasted better than it looked lol

Nice. :slight_smile: … We were thinking of making noodles such as that as well, but haven’t tried it yet. … I actually used the Fathead dough recipe earlier today to make a Sausage & Cheese Calzone of sorts, which didn’t turn out that bad. … It’s posted just above if you’re interest in taking a look. :slight_smile:

(Tamela Robinette) #4589

That’s actually a great idea Dave! I may have to give something like that a whirl! I’ve found some 1 carb marinara that would probably do the trick with some ground sausage and mozzarella! Yum!

Wow, 1 carb is nice. I use mostly Rao’s Sauce, including the Marinara which is lower carb, about 3 or 4 carb per 1/2 cup? (I believe) But I know a lot of folks use the Fathead Pizza dough for all kinds of stuff.

(Tamela Robinette) #4591

It will definitely be in my repertoire from now on😁

(Lauren) #4592

Ok, I’ll try posting in the right thread this time…

Supper last night was a bastardized “quick chilli.” With sour cream and cheddar.

I only eat breakfast on weekends when my husband is home. I can’t be bothered to actually cook that early. Bacon and cream cheese pancakes.

Tonight was a little surf and a little turf. Chuck-eye steak with butter/garlic shrimp.

(Alex) #4593

i was quite tired after work today and didn’t feel like cooking… so i didn’t!! pecans, pepperoni, pork rinds, brie cheese, cheese crisps, and a couple of grass fed beef sticks. simple foods for a simple man :blush:

Eggs, cheese, and soy sausage breakfast

Followed by a homemade cream of cauliflower soup with some pimento cheese and the old standby of deviled eggs. Soup was good but very thin, my first time not being able to thicken a soup with potatoes or flour.

(Jane) #4595

South of Shanghai. Pork was chopped very small and I managed to only get one small piece. It was salty and reminded me of homemade sauerkraut. Was good.

Well, dinner is done & have to say it turned out pretty damn good. :slight_smile: … Wife made Cabbage Lasagna for the first time, and it surely won’t be the last! :smile: … Here’s a few pics…

She made two, the smaller one is without Mushrooms & Onions

I had a Salad, along with some sides…

Then I tried a piece…

Followed by a second piece. :slight_smile: Had to be sure it was that good. :smile:

Followed by a little Peanut Butter Halo Top Ice Cream… Was a nice meal indeed. :slight_smile:

Told you you were a legend :joy:

(Susan) #4598

Sorry to hear that, @dlc96_darren. If you try making an omelette again, make sure you have an excellent fry pan that doesn’t stick. I use a combination of butter and oil to fry it in. Then it is all in the wrist with the tossing half over onto the other half. I use an egg flip in one hand and tongs in the other. Lol!

(Susan) #4599

Oh my, all this food is making me hungry and I had Fat head pizza tonight for the first time. I can’t really be hungry, right?

Here’s the ‘before’ picture

and here’s the ‘after’ picture. The leftovers are in the fridge now.

Hubby and I say it’s definitely something we will cook again!

You can also use the Fathead pizza dough for many things. I used it yesterday to create a Sausage & Cheese type of Calzone, shown above. Image

(Karen) #4601

Hi pickle Dave. So did you shred the cabbage in between the layers in the lasagna or was it leaves? Looks good and I like the concept.

It was done via leaves after boiling. Just layered on, but to be honest, shredding (or just breaking it up a little more such as medium sized pieces) might even work better? The only reason I say this is because when you went to cut a piece with your fork, it had a tendency to pull the leaf out from the rest, which is really no big deal. But if it were in smaller pieces, it should help reduce this some. … But came out nice.