What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

I’ve been away from the forums most of the week. Catching up on a few things I ate – some were whole meals, some part of a meal.

Bangers, cheesy cauliflower rice, anonymous steak

I pulled the steak out of the freezer and forgot what cut it was. The cheesy cauliflower rice looks crap but tasted amazing.

Pork belly for dinner

A ridiculous amount of pork belly (this wasn’t all of it). Ate with just a few other small things until I was satiated. The rest ended up being used the next day:

Pork belly breakfast

Ate at work, took in my remaining pork belly. Didn’t eat most of that sour cream but the pork belly was amazing and a bit different from bacon for breakfast.

A pound of brisket

A new place opened around the corner from the office. They sell brisket by the pound. Couldn’t resist.

Roast duck

We usually get duck outdoors, i.e. when eating at a Chinese restaurant. Picked up a duck at one of the local Asian supermarkets and ate this at home. Delicious and REALLY fatty.

Boring fry up

I ate something else with this, can’t remember what, but just wanted something plain vanilla instead of fancy poached eggs and charcuterie, and it did the trick.

Corned mutton with chopped spinach

Basic, quick, easy, delicious. Thanks, New Zealand.

(Ellen) #4524

Daaammn Gaff, that all looks rather tasty and is making me hungry!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4525

@Gaff always eats the good stuff, that duck looks amazing. Just to warn you I used to cook Chinese food and duck is painted with maltose or honey usually to make that skin brown and crisp. Probably not crazy carbs but I would watch the rest of the day eating it. But yum! :yum:

Just a simple mid-day meal after my followup this morning with my surgeon. :slight_smile: Eggs & Sausage

Aye, you’re very right. I even asked the guy when buying it if they could prepare some without doing that, and whilst he understood the request, he said no because the skin wouldn’t crisp up in the right way. I suspect if I paid enough I could convince them otherwise but that’s okay.

I think that day I only ate the duck (it was so filling). I don’t have photos of other food from that day, so probably!

(Lauren) #4528

I planned to only eat half of this ribeye for lunch, then I looked down and it was all gone. So good. It practically melted in my mouth. The spawn, Alex and Hannah (ages 4 and 3,) helped.

I kind-a don’t hate when that happens. :slight_smile: … Makes for a nice OMAD. :slight_smile:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #4530

Today the gf and I took a personal day off of work to just relax. We decided to do a valentines lunch at a local restaurant and I got a bunless burger with bacon and a fried egg. Also a side Cesar salad with no croutons :yum:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4531

Looks kind of light Dave, loosing your appetite?:cowboy_hat_face:

No, that was Lauren’s steak sitting on the plate alone. :wink: :smile: … Mine was the mid-day meal above it, with 1/2 dozen Eggs and Sausage links and Patties. :yum:

(Karen) #4533

What to do with random purchase of pork trimmings ( read faaaaat)??

(Lauren) #4534

Giant pork chop. I skipped the broccoli the kids were having.

Had a couple more pieces of Beef Liver from yesterday that we didn’t cook up. Added two knockwurst, some Pickles, Olives, Sharp Cheese and Deviled Eggs. … Then the wife made me a snack plate. :slight_smile:

(Allie) #4536

Sirloin steak with eggs and shredded cheddar.

I also added some store bought mayo to the plate (it’s always in the house as the BF uses it) as I didn’t want to have to make my own mayo this morning. Didn’t have the mayo, I could taste the sugar in it and it was too sweet (3g per 100g and I had about 15g).

Lamb Forequarter Chop with Pesto & Salad.

There may have been another lamb chop - I’m kind of full & fuzzy on the details :sweat_smile:

Catch up… this was Valentines Dinner.
DH got filet steak, the bone in ribeye is mine :smiley: served with halomi fries, shiitaki mushrooms & Padron peppers, bone marrow butter, tellicherry whiskey pepper sauce
Coconut shrimp with a chilli lime mayo and desert was a raspberry lemon mascarpone with white chocolate whipped cream “concoction”

(Tamela Robinette) #4539

Uploading: 2019025_165523.jpg…
Crab legs, smoked sausage, sauteed green beans with tomato, onions and balsamic, which was probably more carbs than I’d would of liked. Late Valentine’s Day dinner with the hubs at a new local joint.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #4540

Thought I’d give @Shortstuff salad a go…chopped up spinach, added in crispy bacon, egg, mayo and olives! Was very yummy! :yum:

(Karen) #4541

Standard breakfast:asparagus,bacon and eggs

Another boring mid-day meal… Italian Sausage and Links. But I do love eggs. :slight_smile: