What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Yeah, us too. But thought to pass it along in case anyone was interested. Plus I guess it would be nice to have some on stand by, without having to cook them? :slight_smile: Just an option.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #4484

Five whole bars of Montezuma’s Chocolate deliciousness…Happy Valentine’s Day to me! :grin:

Copycat recipe for the Cheese Folios. 15 seconds in the microwave?

No Carb Cheese Wrap Ingredients for one cheese wrap

• 2 slices of cheese
  • 1 sheet of parchment paper
  • Optional: Rolling pin

No Carb Cheese Wrap Instructions

1. Start by folding the sheet of parchment paper in half.
  2. Open the folded sheet of parchment paper and place a single slice of cheese in the center.
  3. Fold the second slice of cheese into 4 different equal size strips of cheese.
  4. Place the small strips of cheese around the first slice of cheese on the parchment paper.
  5. Microwave it for exactly 15 seconds.
  6. Remove it from the microwave. While the parchment paper is still folded in half, use a rolling pin to spread out the cheese into a thin circle wrap. You don’t need a rolling pin, you can smooth it out with the palm of your hands too. The cheese will be warm and not too hot. If you microwave this for more time, it will crisp the cheese. You want the cheese just warm enough to mold it together into the shape of a tortilla wrap.
  7. If you want to use the no carb cheese wrap immediately, you will need to cool it in the freezer for a couple minutes. It must be cooled down before you use it. When it’s cooled, it will keep its shape. The cooled no carb cheese wrap will also be strong enough to roll too!

(Jenn) #4486

I’ve never thought to add spinach to egg salad… going to have to try it now!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4487

Out of eggs this morning so I waited for the store to open. Grocery Outlet had some cool stuff this morning.

Duke’s Sausage $4.99 16oz. And wild caught Sardines in Louisiana Hot Sauce $0.79. Grass fed ground beef $3.99 lb. Also got some Nopales.

Nopales con Huevos (cactus and eggs) keto style. Topped with Ghost Pepper Jack and a side of breakfast sausage. I have recently cut out bulb type onions and fresh garlic for the time being, my heaviest carb vegetables which I was a bit too liberal with. :confused:

I’ve gotten these a few times as well. They sell them at our local Wawa’s, and I’ve kept them in my desk at work a few times to go with lunch. :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4489

I haven’t tried them yet, still working on the Nopalitos. They’re delicious with a bit of garlic salt, kind of like green bell peppers with a less bitter bite. Lots of mentions of Duke’s so I thought I might give them a try. If I like them I will buy a bunch more.

They’re not bad little smoked links. They go well when I just do some lunch meats or similar for lunch. But I’ve also always enjoyed jerky and the like.

Oooh, thank you!

(Jody) #4492

I agree, I have some in the fridge and they are pretty good. They make a good addition to dinner for something a little different.

Avacados, sliced and sprinkled with “Tajin” seasoning

Yep, that they do.

Thanks, will have to give that a try.

Well, I wasn’t able to reproduce Jody’s Steak & Liver plate, as I had planned, since someone forgot to take the Liver out the fridge. :wink: … So I had to come up with something else to use it with tonight. So I made Keto-LOBE. - Yep, I just made that up. :smile: – So yeah, It’s basically Liver, Onions, Bacon and Eggs. All hugging on the same place. Plus some Pickles, Olives, Hazel & Brazil Nuts & two Coconut Cups she made up today, trying some stuff out. :yum:

Valentine’s dinner of “chicken” enchilada casserole with veg and avocado. Liberal scoop of sour cream

Dessert is my first keto baking experience. New York style cheesecake with chocolate chips and a diced strawberry on top

How to explain this.

Minced bacon, and a little onion, 2 thinly sliced mushrooms, red pepper flakes and garlic (at the end)
Drop into a smoking hot (literally) cast iron skillet.
Stir often to keep all the bits moving and the bacon mix will carmalize before it renders. (Super crispy outside soft inside)
Add shaved chuck roast leftovers and mix until hot.
Empty pan onto plate. Let cool slightly.
Add 1 T. Broth to pan, to deglaze, 2T. Cream, and cheese of your choice. I used restricted melt pepper jack.

Crunchy, chewy, moist deliciousness, with a little heat at the end. Total cook time 15min

(Jane) #4498

Valentine’s Day steak. Also some sautéed mushrooms in butter he forgot until half way through dinner.

(Tamela Robinette) #4499

20190214_183745 keto chicken patties, wrapped in bibb lettuce with mayo and sliced tomato and a side of avocado😁

At first glance, I was thinking that might be Venison, considering the nice 10 point in your photo. :slight_smile:

(Karen) #4501

Early Valentines dinner with friends. Decided to go out on Wednesday night.

Fillet mignon, shrimp, asparagus, swapped potatoes for green beans, lovely green salad. And the appetizer was smoked salmon crab dip. I asked for cucumber rounds

(Karen) #4502

Had dinner tonight at my mother’s graduated care facility. The restaurants they have within the facility are actually top-notch. They were having a special dinner because it was Valentine’s Day.

Fillet mignon, micro greens, balsamic glaze, rapini, duchess potatoes in the shape of a pear, and shiitake mushrooms with a horse radish ginger butter . I also had a crab and seafood salad, and broth. My dearest had a poached pear dessert, glaze of chocolate & wine with espresso powder and a small orchid garnish. And this is an old folks home??