What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #4423

Creamy coffee and Montezuma’s Absolute Black Dark Chocolate is a a perfect match…:heart_eyes:

No worries, it was pretty good and went well with the Cabbage. And the added Bacon grease. :slight_smile:

(bulkbiker) #4425

What do you think?
I wasn’t happy with the texture from the nibs…

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #4426

It’s ok…I love the orange flavour, but my favourite one is the plain 100% dark chocolate.

(bulkbiker) #4427

I liked the orange flavour too but didn’t like the texture… I find the 100% plain one a bit too much…I’m having the Godiva 90% at the moment

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&productId=1241660&urlRequestType=Base&categoryId=337393&catalogId=10123&langId=44

Few more carbs but I like the taste

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #4428

Oooh lovely! I’ll have a look for this one next time I’m in Sainsbury’s…I’ll never turn down an opportunity to try new dark chocolate!!

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #4429

I actually like the texture I feel like it gives the chocolate more body and flavor

I tried the Lindt and didn’t like it anymore. YMMV

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4430

Great idea Zed! I love stuffed peppers of all kinds, never thought of pizza style though. They are like giant poppers.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #4431

Have you tried Montezuma’s 100% cocoa with almonds? That one has a nice crunch to it.

https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/Best-Keto-Paleo-Tortillas-Taco-Shells-Nachos

If you just copy and paste this address, that should keep the software from trying to download the file.

Not sure why it did that. May be how they have the video embedded in their blog post.

And here’s the YouTube video. We have other YouTube videos posted around the forum. This shouldn’t try to download automatically.

Site Activity
(Full Metal KETO AF) #4433

So yesterday I went out thrift store hopping looking for a food processor to replace my broken mini cuisinart. After three stores and a couple of hours I was going to go home a little disappointed when I saw this Dutch Oven w/lid in the collectibles area as you exit. It had some light surface rust inside and was priced $12.60.

I took it home and gave it a good scouring and then bacon grease and a lot of salt scrub and heating. I christened it with 1/2 lb of double smoked bacon and a cup of drippings this morning. I am so altruistic adopting lost and abused cast iron cookware, cast iron needs love too!
:heart::cowboy_hat_face::heart:

(Jane) #4434

Great find!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4435

Dutch Ovens rule for bacon cooking! A lot less splatter mess on the stove. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Ashley) #4436

Is why I bake them in the oven in a deep dish :slight_smile: never have a splatter problem!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4437

@monsterjuice I don’t have the patience to wait for oven baking. I don’t care for large batch reheated bacon because I don’t own a microwave. And I never want to clean the oven, I believe grease buildup over time would require some routine cleaning. Just my old fashioned ways I guess. When I worked in a breakfast place we did the sheet pan style all day, it was the only way to keep up with orders.

(Ashley) #4438

My oven cleans itself so I run a cycle once a month so I don’t get buildup! It works out well! I’m lazy and don’t mind the put it in a leave it method!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4439

@monsterjuice My kitchen is super old school! No self cleaning, radiation and minimal electric appliances. It’s also the size of an average bathroom which I have learned to work with.

No, it looks delicious! :yum: :drooling_face:

Very nice! I wish I was that talented. :yum:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #4442

No we ordered one to try and it “disappeared” before I got to try it. My hubs loved it so we have ordered some more. We also like the dragon ginger montezumas chocolate