What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Ernest) #3502

It’s been a rough couple of months, work traveling etc. But I’m getting back to normal routine

(Ernest) #3503

How do you cook yours?

I pan fried them slightly in butter with salt and pepper. Is there a way to disguise the iron taste? I think that is what I dislike the most.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #3505

Thanks @juice!

(Ernest) #3506

If it’s too irony, soak them in milk for an hour.

(Ernest) #3507

thick

(Ernest) #3508

I’m regretting not picking up more slabs of bacon when I had the chance.
I cooked the slab sous vide at 145 degrees, overnight, slice it thick and gave it a quick sear. Best bacon ever.

Wife made me a Big Ole’ Jumbo Cheese-Burger tonight, with Onions, Mushrooms and Bacon. Added some Deviled Eggs, Pickles and Olives and a side bowl of Shrimp Salad. :yum: … Honestly, I barely got it down. :pleading_face:

(Karen) #3510

spam spam spam spam spam spam spam

(John) #3511

I have not yet Ketoed it, but I dropped by my local Korean grocery and picked up 2 lbs of thick-sliced pork belly. I l could not find pork belly in regular markets except little pre-cooked things.

I look forward to figuring out the best way to cook it up.

Also took the opportunity to pick up some kimchi. I don’t know how to make it but the lady who runs that store sure as hell does.

(Leilani) #3512

Had stupid super early morning doctor appointment so treated myself with a no-bun lettuce wrapped cheese bacon deluxe from hungry jacks (Burger King but in Australia)

(Karen) #3513

Up stupid early to go to an OT appointment. Made the mistake of not going to Hungry Jack so ate junk when I got to work. Set the whole day up for fail. I need to take a page from your book.

(Heather Meyer) #3514

Today’s Dinner… we are serving Roast Pig in its most glorious form! Savour the smokey flavour with bites of salt…cooked to perfection! Chalk full of calories…sure to satisfy any Keto lover’s appetite!

My spouse is part Korean so we go through a lot of kimchi here. Never thought to look for pork belly at the asian market! I saw it at Costco the other day, but I didn’t like the price so didnt purchase.

(John) #3516

It wasn’t cheap at the Korean market either - $16 for 2 pounds. But I like the folks that run it and would rather support a small business than throw more money into the pockets of the big corporate chains.

Say 안녕 하세요 to your spouse for me. :slight_smile:

(Leilani) #3517

Was definitely worth it. Satisfied the “UGH THIS STUPID DAY” cravings and still fit into me day… now to make sure I keep doing that :stuck_out_tongue:

(Running from stupidity) #3518

Meat sampler lunch - market-sourced bacon, 36-hour twice-cooked brisket, garlic chicken sausage, house-made hamburger patty with chilli and lime haloumi and creamy sous vide egg, dressed with garlic aioli and chef’s special tomato sauce.

Lunch tomorrow. 1 lb grass fed beef. The bacon is still bakin’ in the oven. Start my full carnivore challenge tomorrow.

(Cindy) #3520

Chicken broth. LOL, yup, just broth. But it was REALLY, REALLY good broth. Chicken thighs, plenty of salt and then a garlic powder mix that I have here (garlic, salt, shallots, and some other stuff). Very yummy. I haven’t strained it yet, so when I got some out of the pan, it had all these garlic bits in the bottom. I love garlic!

Good luck :smiley: