What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Running from stupidity) #3462

XT1A3787

UPDATE: Cha doesn’t like this photo at all - “It’s too dark, you can’t see the plate. I like your other photos, but not this one.”

Well, even though it’s my spiffy new plate, the plate is still not the star[1], and so I worked a bit in post to show it but not make it the hero of the shot.

But that’s on a perfectly calibrated monitor, which is all I can control. Once I post it, people can be looking at it on anything, in any kind of conditions, screen too bright (most people), screen too dim (as Cha’s phone was), whatever.

Also, the blob of pure white sour cream on top is way outside the exposure range of the rest of the image, so balancing that has its own issues.

I just post my version of optimum and let whatever happens happen.

#photographyzen #ketophilosophy

[1]The fork is, DUH

Respectfully disagree.

The fork makes ALL the difference. :slight_smile:

Old post but:

Safety Burgers! (and Bratwurst)

They feed us burgers, at work, if we go a whole month without any accidents. :slight_smile:

Hey free is always good?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3467

Tonight’s dinner was leftover sousvide pot roast with pan sauce over cauliflower fried rice with string beans.

(Karen) #3468

Guests over. Hors d’oeuvres

(Sophie) #3469

Broccoli, bacon and cheddar soup, perfect for a cold night…

That looks absolutely beautiful.

Oh yummm, is that recipe linked here? I love broccoli cheese soup, adding bacon is brilliant!

(Running from stupidity) #3472

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and suggest you make broccoli cheese soup, and then add bacon to it.

:slight_smile:

(Tina Emmons) #3473

Dared? Was it a special occasion for you and the other 12-yr old boys or is this a regular occurrence?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hahah, my last batch left much to be desired, sadly. The cheese did not melt creamily into the soup and so was clotted looking.

Had a large Salad with some lunch meats… Hard Salami, Ham, Pepperoni, Eggs, etc.

Followed by left-over Liver from last night, Chicken Tenders, Pickles, Olives and Deviled Eggs.

(Running from stupidity) #3476

Heh, I was expecting a salad that YOU described as large needing the entire table, not just a platter and a novelty-oversized fork :slight_smile:

(Sophie) #3477

Thanks! It turned our pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. I heavily bastardized the following recipe. Starting with the bacon because…Bacon… and bacon juice! Then I added a lesser amount of onion, omitted the carrots and added celery, omitted the milk, used chicken stock and heavy whipping cream, forget the potato 'cos who needs that crap, and added cheddar mixed with mozzarella because that’s what I had on hand. The secret weapon was sodium citrate. I’ve been experimenting with it and I’m totally amazed with the creamy results!

(Karen) #3478

DH Made dinner. Pork tenderloin with sauerkraut, bacon, and applesauce, I had a little. Brussel sprouts with kale slaw roasted. Broccoli and cauliflower. Green salad. Rolls. Skipped all the carbs that were super starchy and ate the greens. Ice cream sundaes for dessert, not for me of course. Too much green here

Thank you! I will be making this, this weekend!

(Keto butts drive me nuts) #3480

(Karen) #3481

How much do I love this!:heart: