What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Running from stupidity) #3442

Basically just like carbs, then, really!

(Running from stupidity) #3443

Zucchini Bolognese - you know how you hate Spaghetti Bolognese because the spaghetti is a PITA to deal with? Well, worry no more. This is that dish done right. Using our special blend of mince designed to impart maximum beef flavour, it is fried up with zucchini, tomato paste, cherry tomatoes, red wine, red onion, mushroom and capsicum, before being finished with grated mozzarella and luxurious sour cream. Truly the Italian dish for both lovers and non-lovers of Italian cuisine.

Looks bloody good, mate.

(Running from stupidity) #3445

:+1:

Mah new plate that I got today from the Salvos for a dollar is on debut, as well!

Itā€™s the 80/20 mince from yesterday, which the butcher said was going to be great for bolognese. Cha was cooking it up and said it really smelled really really good, and was working beautifully in the pan.

Has just now called upstairs and says it tasted even better than it looked.

I think this 80/20 is a winner, as it was great yesterday in the burger patties as well, despite my shambolic prep. Just went and looked, no oil lying in the pan at all. Awesome stuff.

Just really great mince, and not expensive (about $6/kg, IIRC).

Even I wanted to try some, and I really donā€™t like Italian food as a rule.

Oh well, maybe Iā€™ll get some tomorrow (thatā€™s half of what was cooked), but I suspect Iā€™ll have to fight for it :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been using a lot of 80/20 mince recently as well and really do think itā€™s a winner. Surprisingly easy to get hold of and versatile.

Plate is spiffing. :fork_and_knife:

ā€˜night!

(Allie) #3447

Breakfast. Deliberately lots so I donā€™t have to worry about food again until tomorrow. Had a fatty coffee too.

Here you go, my first food-pic post EVAH! Yes, clearly Iā€™m no great photographer. But Iā€™m so proud of my homemade keto tabouli which accompanied dinner tonight that I had to show you all anyway.

I grated a bit of raw cauliflower into it for texture (instead of cracked wheat, ptooie!), and the mint is from my very own garden. I made enough so thereā€™s leftovers for lunch tomorrow too. Yummo.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #3449

:joy::rofl::joy:

Beef flavored beef mince? What will they think of next.

(Jane) #3450

Is your fork being shy?

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #3451

That looks great!

(Karen) #3452

Several of her my children and I really enjoyed the Lord of the rings series. So we have a marathon sometime early in January with foods that fit the three movies. Itā€™s just for fun!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3453

The pizza looks perfect!

:confused: cooking is one of my lifeā€™s greatest joys and the single best way to improve your life and health :cowboy_hat_face:

Parchment paper :wink:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3454

This is so limiting as to what you can eat.

I know this might sound crazy but I have learned to enjoy washing my dishes. I fill the sink and wash stuff as I cook so thereā€™s not a huge kitchen disaster to deal with after eating when I want to relax. And the rest is late night washing for me as I am trying to cut down on screen time before sleeping as my doctor recommended for better sleep. I have never owned a dishwasher but always hated the clean up aspect to cooking until recently. I find it relaxing at the end of the day. Eating keto has given me the energy and motivation to get my house cleaning habits into a more a healthy state as well as myself.

(Allie) #3455

I have silicone baking sheets which will be used in future :blush:

Waterā€¦

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #3457

I did ruin one of my silicone baking sheets by cutting the pizza on it. Probably you wouldnā€™t be that dumb, but I really liked mine so thought Iā€™d share my cautionary tale.

(Allie) #3458

My pizza cutter is only just enough to cut the pizza so Iā€™m sure the sheets will be safe :joy:

(Running from stupidity) #3459

I leave a fork in the lightbox to remind me to add it, but depending on the shot used, itā€™s not always visible. But I try :slight_smile:

Youā€™re right, it does.

I thought that was totally intentional, and giving you credit for being absolutely brilliant!

Just a coincidence, never mind.

(Running from stupidity) #3461

No, your initial thought was right, it IS totally intentional, and I AM absolutely brilliant.

The fork is ALWAYS there in the first shot (in the lightbox, at least, although almost always anyway if I shoot the plate on location, as Iā€™ve go cutlery there to eat it with), but depending on how the shoot goes - bearing in mind I donā€™t have long to shoot the food, as itā€™s usually fried, and thus cooling down quickly as time passes - it doesnā€™t always end up visible in the final shot.

Especially if I use one of the shots Karen doesnā€™t like :slight_smile: