What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Yeah, and don’t think those Chicken Breast didn’t look good! :slight_smile: I just had a hankering for Steak. (And I don’t regret it) … But she did just give me a bite of it while typing. :smile: … Then took a photo of my Son’s plate.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3343

Pork marinated in soy sauce and veg with cheese.

Lunch was salma with pickles lettuce pico de Gallo.

(Brennan) #3345

Sous vide savory mint rack of lamb… As it falls apart! So tender, so juicy, so flavorful!

The evolution of steak. :drooling_face:

Dinner yesterday: all you can eat shabu-shabu

Crap pictures, I was more focused on eating all the good stuff. The broth was very light making a change from the usual “blow your [spoiler]fucking[/spoiler] mouth off” Sichuan hot pots my wife and I normally eat. I had multiple rounds of top sirloin, chuck roll, lamb shoulder, and pork belly. I had a few things from the veggie plate and added some seafood as well, but otherwise skipped most of what was non-meat.

(Running from stupidity) #3348

This is known as “being sensible.”

Lunch today: Japanese ramen

I was at the mall with my wife and daughter and we all got hungry. They were determined to have noodles and we walked into a Japanese ramen place.

To be honest I wasn’t expecting to be able to find anything to eat after a quick glance at the menu – noodles (of course), and a bunch of side dishes that were things like deep-fried chicken in breadcrumbs, prawn cutlets swimming in sweet sauce, etc. I was going to order a drink and maybe eat a few edamame so as to not just sit there watching others eat.

To my surprise, the menu said something at the bottom like:

Ask your server about our gluten-free ingredients, including shirataki noodles.

OK! I did. Sure enough, shirataki noodles could be used for any of their entrees. I ordered the garlic tonkotsu and added some pork belly. It was spectacular, delicious, mouthwateringly good. If my wife wasn’t in a rush to leave afterwards to sort out an errand, I would have felt no shame ordering a second bowl! The broth was fantastic.

Dinner today: a ribeye

I wasn’t expecting to eat again today after the ramen, but got peckish on the way home. I wanted to stop by the butcher but they’re not open on Saturday evenings so I went to our local supermarket instead. Yes! Manager special: amazing looking ribeye on a ridiculous discount. I was able to do all the magic (salt, pepper, drive some bloody gorgeous ghee into its very essence) and then cook it up. I know it doesn’t look much, but it was amazing and exactly what I wanted.

(Allie) #3351

I’m getting predicable :joy:
Ribeye, eggs and mayo.

Shopping today though and I’m going to change things up and buy different meats, most likely more organ meats.

(Running from stupidity) #3352

:slight_smile:

(bulkbiker) #3353

When is a ribeye ever not exactly what you wanted…? :grin:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3354

Hey, what gives? You were trashing olives a couple of days ago when I said “Olives are the bacon of fruits “ and your response was “Yea, but bacon tastes good “.

By the way how were the deep fried egg yolks?

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3355

Happy Birthday Karen, my keto sister :cowboy_hat_face:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #3356

Happy birthday! :partying_face:

(Allie) #3357

Food prep.

Fathead pizza with chicken and bacon, eight servings.
Fathead garlic bread, eight slices probably be four servings.
Some random mince beef thing that can maybe loosely be called chilli… four servings.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3358

Not a great picture by any means but last night we had a late dinner, a Thai influenced salad. Bed of iceberg lettuce with cucumber slices and Roma tomato strips. On top is sautéd mushrooms, onion shards and sweet twister peppers with abundant coconut oil. Then added ginger sliced paper thin and leftover sousvide chicken breast with lots of cilantro and green onions. The dressing was lemon juice, Sri Ratcha, garlic powder, a touch of soy sauce and pink salt, and monk fruit sweetener. I was going for the sweet, sour, hot and salty flavor profile that I love so much. A party in your mouth! :yum:

(Doug) #3360

?? Only seeing one serving there. :wink:

(Allie) #3361

I couldn’t eat more than two slices if I tried :joy:
Besides, way too much work for just one meal… you know I’m a lazy cook :joy: