What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Heather Meyer) #3142

I call this the"spouse-less I’m too lazy to cook for one" dinner.
Two deluxe European Weiners with a side of freshly sliced cucumber and homemade ranch dip. Bon Appetite!

(Allie) #3143

Breakfast.

Boiled cauliflower from frozen, ground beef pan fried in ghee. Mixed together and fried with shredded cheese added. Sadly it’s reduced fat cheese as that’s what my BF bought for himself and I didn’t have any so used his… but it tastes really good regardless. Loads of salt and pepper added.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #3144

Whaaaaaaaatttt??? I found Brussels sprouts!

First time cooking them ever. Cooked with the bacon together. Not as good as the sprouts my cousin’s wife made for me 10(?) years ago. But not shabby for a first go.

(Allie) #3145

That looks tasty :heart_eyes:

my first baked almond bread, hmm turned out to be more a cake :wink:

100gr almond
100gr coconut milk
50gr ghee/butter
bit of salt, oil and baking soda

(Allie) #3147

Food prep for tomorrow.

Cauliflower and broccoli mixed with a little ground beef and half a pack of Boursin with garlic, that’ll likely be breakfast so I can reheat it and eat it hot.

Homemade Bulgarian yoghurt with frozen blueberries (obviously they’ll defrost overnight :joy:), and sardines (in tomato sauce as I’d rather that than rancid oil of some sort) mixed with green olives and an extra 20g EVOO.

Works out as 18.8 net carbs apparently.

Thanks so much @anon54735292 and @OgreZed for the inspiration!

Here is my lunch : cabbage noodles wilted in bacon greese with an alfredo sauce of almond milk, cream cheese, parmesan, garlic, Kerrygold and salt/pepper. YUM

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3149

I always forget about cabbage. This looks really good. Have you tried it with marinara?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3150

This is what we’re smoking today!

No, but great idea! I am leery of jarred marinara sauce b/c of all the added sugar but am too cheap to shell out $8-10 for the low carb Rao sauce. Maybe I need to make my own!

(Heather Meyer) #3152

what are your spices on that bird?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3153

I would love to experiment with that because growing up in an Italian family pasta with marinara was a staple and even though I’m kind of over it now, I would like a low carb alternative for it.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3154

My housemate used salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, cumin and I think that’s all. It’s going to be barkish once it’s out of the smoker so we’ll see how it goes.

MY HALF OF THE CHICKEN!

(Kristin) #3155

Make your sandwich keto! From Subway today:

(Pan Dulce) #3156

I put 6lbs if pork shoulder in the slow cooker for 4hrs with spices and some bullion, wait a day, profit! 8 freezer meals for the house and two giant salads for today :yum:

Some cast iron bacon and a Big Italian Unwich (Genoa Salami, Capicola, Provolone Cheese, Tomato, Onions, Vinaigrette wrapped in lettuce) from Jimmy John’s.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #3158

That looks :drooling_face:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #3159

It was way, way, way, way too spicy but it was also delicious!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #3160

Pepper jack stuffed meatloaf with spinach :ok_hand:t4:

I made two things this weekend! It was a nice small lunch.

First, top round jerky. COMPLETE WIN. Delivered with some creamy Yorkshire gold.

Second, deep fried chicken skins. I thought they’d be just like chicharrones (except chicken instead of pork belly) but I was wrong! It was like eating the best bits (the skin) of Original Recipe KFC. They were so delicious I forgot to take a photo until I was down to the last few.