What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Karen) #3051

We have a Cosco up in Denver as well as one down in Colorado Springs. We actually live in between and in Castlerock we have a Sam’s. I’ll try and look there because Sam’s today appears to have really embraced a lot of keto foods. They carry Parm chips, almond flour, pork rinds, coconut flour, keto cookbook’s, and well priced ribeye

(Allie) #3053

Can’t find liverwurst here, I’ve tried :slightly_frowning_face:

(Whole Lotta Rosie The Riveter ) #3054

For some weird reason they put it with the super fancy cheeses in my supermarket :face_with_raised_eyebrow: the liverwurst aint at all fancy…

(Allie) #3055

Thanks @safi but I’m in the UK and can’t even find it for sale online.

(Allie) #3056

@Ruina I just listened to a podcast that made me think of you. It was the most recent High intensity health and they mentioned that the skins of walnuts contain tanin that when eaten by some people will cause the mouth to burn / itch. So maybe not the actual walnut you have trouble with, but the tanin in the skin?

(Eaol) #3057

Where do you get rabbit kidneys? If I dare google this I just get causes of rabbit kidney failure instead of food.

(Ellen) #3058

A bit ambitious (yes that’s a dinner plate with 600g of salmon), but only have about 1/4 left so salmon salad for lunch tomorrow it is.

Chicken with cheddar cheese, bacon and jalapenos…

(Ellen) #3060

Is that just fried with extra on top or an actual recipe? Look good :grin:

I put a spice rub on the chicken, brown it in a frying pan on the stove and finish it in the oven. Once it is about done, I add the toppings and let it melt in the oven.

(Ellen) #3062

Nom, my to try recipe list is almost as long as my tbr pile now.

It goes really well with a slaw made from shredded cabbage and chopped cilantro, top with mayo and the juice from a couple of limes + salt of course…

(Ellen) #3064

Not in the slightest bit hungry right now but that’s got my mouth watering!

(Now known as "DR JUICE" - it's just that easy! JUICE DC (Doctor of Comedy)) #3065

Inside rabbits :slight_smile:

IKR?

(Whole Lotta Rosie The Riveter ) #3066

Probably a thoroughly stupid question but have you tried looking for Braunschweiger?

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #3067

A couple at my local farmers market sells them. They’re rabbit farmers (ranchers?) and sell whole rabbits as well as organs for a good price.

(Karen) #3068

Dearest is making some ribeye chunks for me. Later I might have him make a keto muffins with psyllium husk. Doesn’t Understand the meaning of Rare. :unamused:

Using frozen peas to numb my wrist area under the splint. Good use of carbohydrates. Here’s my latest wrist picture.

(bulkbiker) #3069

Looking at the recipes its a cross between coarse pate and rillete…
Its a liver based thing that comes in a sausage shape but is mainly pork liver and pork meat mixed together.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/256004984

is kind of it but way too carby… probably due to the crap that Tesco have added to it…

(Becca) #3070

Chipotle - salad with double steak, salsa, sour cream, and cheese

(Sophie) #3071

That looks painful as hell but I love the use of the frozen carbs for relief. Wishes of speedy healing to you.