What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Sophie) #2520

Makes me wonder if that cow could even walk or was he force fed like a goose for foie gras.

TMAD today
 After the midday meal I posted earlier, I put a Top Sirloin and 3 NY Strips in the Sous Vide bath. (Approximately 7-8 hrs.) Then flamed them up a few minutes each side out on the grill. (Man, Top Sirloin’s can really get the fires going! It’s the large amount of fat on them) Pictured on the left. NY’s on the right side.

Took 1/3 of the Top Sirloin, and ate a NY Strip, along with Butter Fried Cale, Sharp Cheese, Pickles and Olives. 
 It’s not easy keeping the flames off the Top Sirloin, but I actually like it crisped up, but it’s not burnt. :slight_smile:

(Karen) #2522

Village inn. California Skillet, hold the potatoes and double the veggies.

(Ernest) #2523

Boneless beef rib

(Running from stupidity) #2524

I just keep telling myself that we pay more because our food is better and we pay a living wage and so on

and stripped off the pound of chicken skin to reduce calories.

:frowning:

(Brennan) #2525

Ginger duck breast with roasted Brussels sprouts and broccoli with a balsamic reduction for dipping.

(Running from stupidity) #2526

Nice fork placement.

(Ashley) #2527

I can’t grasp why you would take off the skin. It’s the best and most satisfying and filling bit.

(Running from stupidity) #2528

If anyone is interested in how unbelievably easy this was

(Michael Iafrato ) #2529

I would love the recipe for your sausage gravy and biscuits

Quoting so I can try later.

(Running from stupidity) #2531

Bacon, eggs, steak. It doesn’t get much better than this, surely? Sous vide eggs, thrice-cooked rump steak and market-sourced bacon cooked on cast iron for extra flavour and iron.

(Allie) #2532

@Canadianmaple it just tasted really bitter. Maybe if you have sweeteners in coffee you may not notice it, but I don’t like sweetened coffee at all.

(Jody) #2533

Late OMAD after some shopping:

Olives, Small Salad w/ Homemade Mayo, 1.5 Chicken Thighs (w/ Skin), uncured Polish Kiolbassa, Ham, Colby and Comté cheese. (Not pictured, finished w/ a little whipped HWC on a spoon)

(Running from stupidity) #2534

Pickle Dave is gonna disown you.

Needed to cook for my 4-year-old and I tonight and didn’t fancy doing two separate meals (she loves pasta). I ended up roasting some chicken and veggies in butter. Again, she kept taking most of the skin and the fatty bits. Little miss keto.

(Jody) #2536

He does olives as well 
 but hopefully he will pardon my error. I am technically in the learning phase :joy:

(Allie) #2537

Bacon, eggs and sausage.

Same for my dog :heart:

(Running from stupidity) #2538

GO constable chunk!

Because I still weigh nearly 500 pounds and don’t need the calories. I have to actively reduce my fat intake because I enjoy too many fatty foods.