What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Decided to break my fast this afternoon. Feeling great, no issues, but the wife took some stuff out day before yesterday that needed to be eaten. Plus, I actually needed room in the fridge, since I’m doing some more Cheese Cakes for an order. (Delivered a couple this morning, since room was getting tight in the fridge.

Also breaking with some un-friendly foods, so this will be a test of sorts, since I only Fasted 41 hrs. Want to see if a shorter Fast will still effect me breaking with Eggs, Bacon and Sausage Links. … Also threw in 4 Brazil Nuts

Plus, I put some NY Strips and a Top Sirloin in a Sous Vide bath for tonight. Plan to flame-grill to sear.

I was feeling a bit peckish so made a big lunch.

• Lip-on ribeye
  • Macadamia nuts (what was left of them anyway)
  • Shrimp
  • Two bratwurst
  • Prosciutto with cream cheese
  • Fromager d’Affinois

Very filling. The cheese was amazing and won’t last long in my house.

(Carl Keller) #2501

A wheel of parmesan cheese can cost over $1,000. A single wheel takes at least one year to age, 131 gallons of milk to make, and it can only be made in a restricted area in northern Italy, in the region of Emilia Romagna.

(Running from stupidity) #2502

I think I found the cheese troll!

:slight_smile:

(Cindy) #2503

I think I’m in a liquid-y mood today. I made some chicken bone broth a few days ago…had a cup of that earlier today and now I’m drinking my version of Cafe Mocha (coffee, cocoa, 1 packet erythritol, some HWC), which is very yummy.

(Michelle) #2504

late breakfast was chocolate cake and whipping cream. :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
(cake is 90 sec keto bread with added cocoa, swerve, half a :avocado:, flaxseed and some Philly cream cheese)
Mid afternoon snack of cheese :cheese: and tea :tea:.

It’s snow storm day here and it is nice to eat comfort food and still know that I am staying on track.
KCKO.

Hmmm… Now I wonder just what other WOE/WOL would allow something such as this!!! :smile: Nice!

(Ernest) #2506

Before…
Boneless

After…

(Michelle) #2507

Right @Digital_Dave. Total blows my mind. I started keto in April. So It’s still bit of mental stumbling block for me. “Cake for breakfast?” :grin::grin::grin:sure just maybe add some extra butter to make sure you get the fat. #boringketo
Learning to eat and enjoying delish food guilt free is so freeing.

What is this delicious looking beef???

Are you able to describe the taste? I’ve never heard of gelatin in coffee. Sounds nasty, but that’s what I thought about bulletproof coffee when it was first described to me. Now I prefer BPC over anything from Starbucks or Tim Hortons.

(Sophie) #2511

Dying to know the purpose of the level! :smile:

Ensuring I don’t mess up as badly as @juice - he’s not very good with forks.

(Sophie) #2513

Ha! Give him a break…he is on the underside of the earth. :laughing:

(Jane) #2514

Keto Chicken Pad Thai over cauliflower rice.

Used a bag of frozen cauliflower rice and after nuking it I heated up some of my homemade ghee and scrambled a couple of eggs in it then added my cauliflower rice and gave it a good stir.

(Jane) #2515

OMG - I was looking at the picture of the Pad Thai I posted and it looked like a hair in it!!!
:scream:

I blew on the screen of my phone and it vanished
:rofl:

(Carl Keller) #2516

That’s hilarious!

He said he thinks it’s mislabled Wagyu beef. Wagyu is slightly cheaper than gold.

Japanese Wagyu Ribeye A5 Whole Loin
$1,199.95 from Grand Western Steaks

My chicken thigh meal prep today:

My cheap and lazy meal prep method. In this case:

I bought 4.5 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs because they were $0.89/# this week, and stripped off the pound of chicken skin to reduce calories. Layers I put into a 9"x13" glass cake pan:

• Half small head of cabbage (305g)
  • Large onion (367g)
  • 8 oz sliced white mushrooms (207g)
  • 3.5# Skinless chicken thighs (1588g)
  • Spices – Smoked Paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper

They were baked for four hours at 250° F, then I flipped the thighs and topped with more spices and some grated Parmesan cheese. Then back into the oven for another 20 minutes at 400° F.

The thighs went into meal prep containers and the veggies and run-off went into Lock and Lock containers. One of each will go into the freezer and one of each will go into the fridge. I use the run-off in single serve soups and side dishes. The thighs can be eaten cold or heated up, as-is or shredded, even finely chopped up for chicken salad.

I prefer to start from bone-less, skin-less thighs, but they don’t go on sale nearly as often, or at nearly as low a sale price.

During that last 20-minute cook, I turned two 8-ounce packages of sliced cheese into cheese crisps using the microwave (3 slices per batch; 2 minutes per batch; 6 batches). One package of pepper jack cheese and one of Havarti cheese.

(Doug) #2518

Ernest, never seen the like of that in my whole life.

Nor I :open_mouth: