What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Running from stupidity) #2358

Pickled eggs with bacon. The perfect breakfast.

(Jane) #2359

Homemade bacon. Going to let it cool and then stick it in the fridge overnight. Tomorrow I’ll freeze it for an hour and then slice it.

I have to slice by hand and it’ll be easier if the slab is slightly frozen.

(Jane) #2360

Ok, I couldn’t wait so I sliced one strip off and fried it up.

Yum.

(Brennan) #2361

Just a little charcuterie to chew on.

(Sophie) #2362

Cooked chili in the crock pot today. It was a cold, rainy, nasty, overcast kind of day…but all that luscious fat kept me drooling every time I checked on the stuff! :drooling_face:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2363

Pork belly & Asparagus Stirfry and 2 egg cheese omelette. Salad w/ caesar.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #2364

I just bought some pork belly this week and I am not sure how to cook or prepare it. Do you have any suggestions or tips?

(Jody) #2365

Broke my 96 hour fast w/

Guacamole

Followed shortly by Ribeye, Shrimp, Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions, Salad w/ Blue Cheese (Croutons were NOT eaten)

(Karen) #2366

Husband’s brother is in from out of town. Not going to be back by Christmas, So We had Christmas early.

Will have something else on Christmas Eve with other parts of the family. I had the salad, green beans and prime rib. Skipped the carrots, roasted potatoes and rolls.

You & your beautiful tables again :smile:

(Karen) #2368

It was pretty. My husband cooked the meal and set the table. He’s retired now and I was at work. I found these lovely Christmas dishes At the local thrift. I get a 20% discount on Tuesdays for being over 60. This set for serving 12 was $20. Couldn’t resist.

I can see why :slightly_smiling_face: Very nice table indeed.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2370

Hi Iced.
I keep it simple. Ample salt & pepper all around. 425f for abt 45-55 mins for color, then down to 325f for another 60-75 mins.
Should be golden crispy outside, some fat rendered (save it for stirfry) and lots of fat still in the belly. Cool and it keeps in the fridge for at least a week. Cut off what you want and pan fry it as needed. Easy.

(Running from stupidity) #2371

Umm, just re-read what I wrote for breakfast but delete pickle references.

(Mike W.) #2372

Had a couple friends over for dinner and a bourbon tasting. Didn’t tell them the food was “Keto”. Everyone loved it. Sous vide and smoked chicken thigh with a creamy Marsala mushroom sauce over a garlic mashed cauliflower and charred asparagus with truffle. Pot de creme with fresh whipped cream and berries for dessert.

(Running from stupidity) #2373

Steak. Just steak. Well, with a bit of Wasabi paste. But really, just steak.

(Mike W.) #2374

Is that like the appetizer?

(Karen) #2375

Pot de creme with fresh whipped cream and berries for dessert.

It all looks so inviting. How do you make your dessert?

K

(Karen) #2376

Breakfast collage. A few little carrots in there.

Eggs, bacon, kale slaw

(Mike W.) #2377

1280 calories of…worth it :heart_eyes: