What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Allie) #2338

I just ordered a yoghurt maker and starter culture for Bulgarian yoghurt, apparently the lowest carb option and highest in probiotic.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #2339

Good to know!

Yep, Iā€™ve been a fan of this for many years. :slight_smile: ā€¦ Used to have folks come in my office and see this and say, ā€˜Oh, Adkins?ā€™ ā€¦ I just ā€˜No, I just donā€™t care for breadā€™. :slight_smile: And I usually preferred to eat the meats separately anyway, because you get to taste each one for what they are. ā€¦ Itā€™s like using 6 different cheeses in one meal, and you simply know thereā€™s cheese in it, but canā€™t enjoy their individual taste. :slight_smile:

(Steaks b4 cakes! šŸ„©šŸ„‚) #2341

Exactly!! :+1: Itā€™s such a quick and easy lunch to make for work. I find it takes me longer to eat a lunch like this, so I get to enjoy it for longer! :rofl:

Yep! Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m going to eat some homemade yogurt on Christmas Day. Now to find a good recipeā€¦

Good point, havenā€™t thought of that, and there are a few places not so far away. Iā€™ll take a look. Thanks!

(Sophie) #2344

Itā€™s easy to make your own using whole milk so you get the fat content, and you can strain the whey out to make Greek style and lower the carbs if you want.

(Allie) #2345

I just bought this in Tesco because it looked interesting. The label in English said sauerkraut with mushrooms.

The label translated with Google says it hasā€¦ bagpipes?!

sauerkraut with forest mushrooms
Sauerkraut
water
Forest mushrooms
boletus
boletus
bagpipe
onion
salt
carrot
may contain gluten, mustard seeds and nuts

(Sophie) #2346

You donā€™t need a recipe. You only need some starter culture. Then you inoculate your milk with it, put it in jars and incubate it for any number of hours depending on how tangy you want it. I usually do mine for 24hrs. I also incubate in my microwave along side a container of hot water to make it nice and toasty in there.

eta: Photo

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2347

Mmmm. Scottish foodā€¦
:rofl:

(Ellen) #2348

Bacon, eggs & sausages again, no pic as didnā€™t want to squick @dlc96_darren out again.

Much appreciated. :grin:

Cheeseburger Salad with a bit of Coleslaw.

Having an early Dinner to change up the feeding time, and also heading out to pick up some Christmas Lights. :slight_smile: ā€¦ Ate the ā€œsmallā€ Salad from last night, then had a 1/4 lb. Hotdog, 2 Smoked Sausages with Sauerkraut, Deviled Eggs, Cauli-Egg Salad, Bacon, Pickles & Olives. ā€¦ Quite full! :flushed:

Also had 3 Brazil Nuts and one Square of 90% Lindtā€™sā€¦

(Mike W.) #2352

Oops.

Yeah, donā€™t you hate it when they give you a bag someone else used and then left ā€˜theirā€™ Chocolate in it! :smile:

(Running from stupidity) #2354

As they say, never trust a fartā€¦

(Jane) #2355

Zoodles with a little red onion sautƩed in bacon grease and ghee, seasoned with a little chili powder and curry.

Pork chop cooked inside under the broiler - normally would be grilled on the patio but weather too yucky to do that.

Tuna Salad with Wasabi Mayo & Chopped Kimchi

(Janelle) #2357

We wanted to go out And chose one of our faves - Marietta Fish Market. If you can look past the huge desserts in their case, they have some great keto options. This was salmon with a cheese sauce. Ignore the carrots - the veggies were supposed to be potatoes but they always happily sub. The carrots were the only thing left on the plate.