What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Running from stupidity) #2238

Unless, say, you transfer it to a plastic container before you use it, because paper is a PITA :slight_smile:

(Jane) #2239

True! I keep our butter on the counter in a butter dish and have been known to get out an unwrapped stick or slab of butter to ā€œmeasureā€ the Tbl or partial cup or whateverā€¦ grams is way better!

(Running from stupidity) #2240

That would be an excellent way to spread molten butter all over the bench, here :slight_smile:

(Brennan) #2241

Nine jars of Kimchi a fermenting!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2242

Not especially hungry tonight, so went basic: Fatty steak, asparagus, mushrooms & jalapeno sauteed in bacon fat.

(Ernest) #2243

Guess? Yes, sous vide then finish in skillet with ghee.

(Mike W.) #2244

Of course. What time and temp do you like? I just found a local farm who sells all the offal bits for CHEAP!

(Ernest) #2245

145 overnight. Itā€™s one of those that I just drop in the hot tub time machine and go about my business. Take them out when Iā€™m hungry.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #2246

That was a revelation to me. One day I was eating lunch and it just popped into my headā€¦ You know, you donā€™t have to finish the salad if you donā€™t want to.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #2247

I keep my butter in a glass dish with a lid here in the subtropics. It does fine. Maybe needs a little stir in the summer. But, yeah, a real butter dish would be a disaster.

(Running from stupidity) #2248

Quiche (with bacon) along with even more bacon! Canā€™t lose when the menu says ā€œmore baconā€! All topped with Himalayan Pink salt and sweet chilli sauce.

That looks great. However Iā€™m confused why it ended up on a plate. It should surely have just been served on a bed ofā€¦ more bacon.

There is also no poorly placed fork :thinking:

(Running from stupidity) #2251

You will see where the bacon ended up in the next pic :slight_smile:

No, funny thatā€¦

(Running from stupidity) #2252

Gaffā€™s bacon lunch - 300g of hand-selected bacon dominates a plate that also features two turkey sausages and a pair of sous vide poached eggs.

Well that all looks very nice (if somewhat lacking in dodgy yet humanising forkage) :grin:

(Running from stupidity) #2254

Operation eat-a-lot is going pretty well so far today :slight_smile: The eggs were good but not great - more experimenting #forscience! is required. But Iā€™ve got it bracketed now :slight_smile:

I still havenā€™t tried the eggs - Iā€™m waiting for you to perfect it #Canā€™tSomeoneElseDoIt :grin:

(Running from stupidity) #2256

Getting there, slowly but surely :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #2257

I think I need to spreadsheet itā€¦