What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Ellen) #2218

Are they just wrapped & fried? They look lush.

(Ellen) #2219

Beef madras again, much better with the extra chillis, lips are still tingling.

(Ernest) #2220

Chicken hearts, gizzard and eggs

(Running from stupidity) #2221

Yeah, but we know which of those things is the PRIORITY, right? :slight_smile:

Hey @juice :smiley:
Have you got a recipe for this (probably both dishes)? I posted it on my IG feed and someone is begging for the recipe.

(Running from stupidity) #2223

Sure thing. I’ll get the potato salad one off my wife, but the chicken is done by me so it’s super simple…

We had a heap of roast chicken left and I was tasked with eating it because the better had “chicken overload.”

So I diced it up (probably 2cm cubes, super rough dice, just whatever I got, really) and fried it until it got crispy, then mixed some sour cream and zero-carb sweet chilli sauce in a bowl, dumped the chicken into it, mixed it through, then ate it.

I really need to eat that again soon… :slight_smile:

Thanks x

(Running from stupidity) #2225

Faux potato salad (or as I call it, cauliflower salad)

• 4 cups Cauliflower 500g
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup Mayonnaise 200g
  • 2 tbsp mustard 10g
  • Mince of dill pickles 100g
  • 1/3 cup Onion 40g
  • 1/3 cup diced celery 100g
  • 4 hardboiled eggs
  • 1.5 tsp Apple cider vinegar 5g
  • Paprika, salt and pepper to taste
  1. Heat oven 180 degrees
  2. Roast cauliflower in olive oil, with salt and pepper for 25 min. Turn half way
  3. Boil eggs
  4. Mix all ingredients together

Sorry, I don’t know the source, my wife got it, and she’s not big on referencing…

I’ve added weights to the ingredients, BECAUSE IT’S THE MOST SENSIBLE WAY TO COOK

You are a superstar, thank you so much.

I completely agree :smiley:

(Sophie) #2227

Those look friggin Awesome!

Brilliant! I wish I’d have thought of it! Definitely gonna give that a go on my next visit. TY

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: … Ya know, here in the states, if I asked someone for 200g of their best cut, I might actually get some really cool drugs! :smile: … I know what ya mean though, but it’s how I’ve always done it. Grams are just so foreign to me. But my scales would allow for it, if I measured. :slight_smile:

(Diane) #2229

Dinner. Pot roast a la Instant Pot, cheesy caulimash, and pan sauce “gravy”.

(Running from stupidity) #2230

I can cope with ounces, because I just multiply by 25 to get grams, so even I can handle that. But what’s easier - 125g of butter, or half a cup of butter? #seriously

(Mike W.) #2231

How do you prepare your chicken parts?

(Mike W.) #2232

But have you ever made a LOADED “baked potato” cauliflower salad? Bacon, cheese, ham, ranch…and all the “healthy” stuff you added.

(Mike W.) #2233

Pickle juice brined and sous vide chicken thigh topped with mayo and crumbled pork rinds served with oven roasted broccoli with truffle salt.

(Jane) #2234

grams, hands down!

I would be lost without my digital scale that measures in grams. Oh - and it measures in oz but I never set it to that!!! :rofl:

(Jane) #2235

To be fair… our butter has Tbl measurements marked on the wrapper and one stick is 1/2 cup so easy peasy.

(Karen) #2236

Salad with mushrooms,bacon,cheese olives, three Little tomatoes,added blue cheese dressing later. I had ribeye for lunch and I’m still full. Too full.

This is what I was going to mention as well. So yeah, it is easy and fast for me this way. My Cheese Cake crust uses 6 tbs. so this is simple as cutting 3/4 of the stick, along the marks provided.

But I can see the simplification of using grams as well, I just never have before. Both my scales will do either as well.