What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2198

Omg, it’s worth the effort! Frankly, i like it best with ground lamb, but it all works.

:flushed: … What can I say? I’ve heard of it, but never had the pleasure. But I will be looking into though! :slight_smile:

That’s the spirit :grin: It is very good & there are all kinds of ways you can vary it.

Sounds like some fun researching, not to mention experimentations. :slight_smile: … Oh, and I’m not against trying just about anything new food related, (Never been the picky one :wink: ) but it’s odd the things you learn you never did until someone brings it up! :slight_smile:

After 30 years as a vegetarian it’s all new to me! :grin:

(Jane) #2203

LOL. Us wimmins do tend to find our voices after a time… it helps correcting children with a stern voice. PRACTICE!!!

(Running from stupidity) #2204

I’ll be surprised if you can find a recipe that has pickles in it, though :slight_smile:

(Allie) #2205

Sausage, bacon, eggs, halloumi fried in ghee…

I got through my dairy free month (which was actually six weeks) without noticing any difference, but am in no rush to get back to loads of dairy either. A couple of days ago I made myself my traditional fatty coffee recipe with heavy cream and oils, but actually didn’t like it :open_mouth:

(Ellen) #2206

Thanks Mic

(Candy Lind) #2207

Failed 1st attempt & (better) 2nd try at a copy of “camerones panzones” from El Camino Real Mexican restaurant in Elkhart, IN (seems like an oxymoron to a Texan! :rofl:). She told me they fried them. I used colossal shrimp and thick-sliced bacon. They are stuffed with a tiny piece of queso fresco. You could use cream cheese in a pinch. First try:

2nd try, I cut the shrimp in 1/2 & took the tails off, & added more bacon grease to the pan so they’d sit deeper in it. Might need toothpicks while frying, and thinner bacon would wrap better. I’ll figure it out! They taste good, but I want them to be beautiful, too. 2nd try with the goal highlighted:

Not bad, considering I’m working with one thumb in a splint! :grin: At the restaurant, I mixed salsa & sour cream for dipping & to dress the side salad (lettuce, tomato, avocado). HEAVENLY.

(Deborah ) #2208

:rofl: Your wife sounds like a woman after my own heart!

I have no problem sending back overcooked steaks, personally.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2209

These look good! Does the cheese stay inside?

(Candy Lind) #2210

Depends on the dexterity of the wrapper! LOL I will say that cream cheese would make this trickier. Queso fresco isn’t as melty.

(Candy Lind) #2211

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Candy Lind) #2212

Hmmm. Hubby delivers in Houston Friday. Mayhap I should surprise him with a delivery of BarBeQue for lunch!

(Jane) #2213

My 3 favs: pork ribs, moist (fattier) brisket and burnt pork ends.

When they first opened up they would sell out all they BBQ by 2 pm and have to close. They can keep up now. They have a TO-GO window outside you can order from.

(Candy Lind) #2214

No, if it were Kevin, those would be saguaros! :innocent:

(Jane) #2215

Lunch at a local restaurant. Ate all the good stuff off the top and left most of the lettuce! :smiley:

(Cindy) #2216

I’m breaking a 40 hr fast with 2 eggs (seasoned with s/p and basil) cooked with 3 cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. 3 slices of bacon and the side and will follow it with some blueberries. No pic because I’m eating. :smiley:

Braised pork country ribs for our omad today.