What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Justin Jordan) #2138

Thank you!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2139

The end result. And it is so good :yum:

(Jane) #2140

Looks yummy!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #2141

Apparently I can’t take a non shaky photo when I am hungry!

Was trying to Fast, but woke early and went outside for a few hours, even though I wasn’t feeling all that well. Wasn’t necessarily feeling bad, just not well. … So after a few hours in 32 degree weather, I wasn’t feeling much better so decided to try and eat something to see if it would help. (Not sure if it did or not? Still a bit wonky) Since it’s been snowing most of the day since coming in, I watched some TV and slept a couple times.

Just did some Fried Eggs, Bacon and Knockwurst and a Spicy Sausage…

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2143

Finally got hungry at 3pm.
2 egg cheesy omelette
5 oz of sirloin stir fried w/ zucchini & mushrooms. Whole fat Sour Cream. Everything was cooked in butter and/or bacon fat.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2144

This looks awesome! I’ve been on a shrimp kick lately, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2145

Thank you! Your meal looks amazing too, I’ve been on a steak kick lately actually but I can never seem to cook it right myself :woman_shrugging:t4:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2146

I use a cast iron pan, get it HOT, season the meat with s&p well, then cook it fast. I like a good sear on a recently mooing steak! :joy:

I think I’m going to mock up something like yours soon. I love how shrimp fit into my macros.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2147

I need to go out and get a good cast iron, the one I have is rusted cause honestly I didn’t know the “proper” way to take care of it/clean it. Thanks for the tip, I’ll have to tackle a homemade steak that isn’t dry soon :joy:

(Running from stupidity) #2148

NO NO NO!

You just need to rescue that one, almost certainly.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2149

See, I’m learning new things every day :joy: didn’t know you could rescue a rusted cast iron :woman_facepalming:t4:

(Running from stupidity) #2150

Yeah, generally you can as long as it’s not too far gone, but that’s RARE.

YT has any number of videos on it.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #2151

searches rescuing cast iron on YT

Seriously, thanks for saving me a few dollars on a brand new one :hugs:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2152

Mic’s right. Unless the rust is really bad, it should be salvagable.

I use a couple, but one of my faves is like this one:

I stirfry a lot and this does a great job of holding heat and putting good color on seared meats. One thing: I have a gas range which works well with a pan like this.

(Karen) #2153

Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday to you

(Karen) #2154

I saw that jar of sauerkraut sitting there. Great work

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2155

Thanks, Karen! :grinning:

(Karen) #2156

Trying to Figure out what that spells

(Heather Meyer) #2157

Behold!! The classic fried egg Ketowich…

2 pieces of homemade Keto bread toasted to perfection with a light slathering of mayo, with a perfectly over-easy egg in between.