What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

I upped my protein temporarily to about double what I normally eat for the past few days for this reason/test:

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/gaffs-progress-thread/58798/73

Back to normal now. This was one of my meals yesterday, I ate breakfast at my desk at work.

Pictured: scrambled eggs with cheese, chicken sausages, bacon, full fat cottage cheese, summer sausage, prosciutto, prosciutto ends (had to ask the butcher for these, well worth it). I think you usually use prosciutto ends in things like soups but I actually like the tough texture.

Not pictured: macadamia nuts, some more bacon, a bit of spam, coffee with heavy cream. I had another slice of prosciutto as well.

I know it doesn’t look all that, but it was bloody nice and kept me “proper good” until the evening.

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #2109

Ummm, it looks awesome, actually.

Yep. I’d be stoked with that :yum:

What they both said! :point_up: :slight_smile: … We just got back from dinner ourselves and I could definitely take a few bites of that! :smile: My wife was actually just asking about the guys on the right. :slight_smile:

Well, just got back from dinner at TRH, and getting ready to go out and put up some more Christmas lights. :slight_smile: Meal’s were pretty good & we got one of our regular waiters too. :slight_smile: … Porterhouse T-Bone with Mushrooms and Onions, with a Double Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing. (Actually cut some off before realizing the pic)

(Doug) #2113

Just back myself from Texas Roadhouse (Horseheads, NY), Dave. :slightly_smiling_face: this instant. Good stuff.

Nice, hope you had a great time, Doug. We always do. :slight_smile: … One of our favorite places. I told her we could go anywhere she wanted, since it’s our Anniversary. And she loves TRH and it’s a sure good time, with good food. :slight_smile: … The waiter also knows us to be Keto, and knew what we were going for. Even was able to acquire an extra bone for us, since we have 3 pups, and only get 2 steaks. :smile: … They are still tearing them up as I type. :slight_smile:

(Cindy Ward) #2115

There’s TEA in that picture! I see it. I do. :wink:

(Cindy Ward) #2116

I broiled steaks at home and it was VERY good. No pic because we wanted to eat. LOL I paired mine with a sauteed mix of cabbage, celery, mushrooms, and garlic. Trying to clear out some veg before they go bad.

Yes Ma’am, un-sweetened Tea I do drink indeed. (Always have really) I also had a cup of Decaf Coffee before leaving. :slight_smile: Funny thing is, they always have to brew me a fresh pot when I ask for a cup? Apparently the Decaf Coffee isn’t something they keep on hand, unlike Caffeinated Coffee. I don’t mind waiting though. :slight_smile:

Um, as you might have noticed, I too started cutting into mine and had a couple bites before the though of grabbing the camera came to me. :smile: At home it’s commonplace, but almost forgot tonight.

(Cindy Ward) #2118

It just shows how much I still miss my sweet tea…I see…mmmm, steak…then, TEA! I figured it’d be unsweet.

Tonight I made an Indian dish basically made it up. I sauteed steak in butter with some pork …added my curry paste mixture as follows and let the meats cook well in it.
Curry sauce made from scratch… curry, ginger powder, heavy cream, salt a bit of stevia.
Then added in peppers and cauliflower, really cook them and let the sauce reduce.
Also I added in about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil while it was cooking super yum. I can’t believe I get to eat this much rich stuff life is good!!!

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #2120

Sous vide poached eggs are gently brought to temperature then allowed to cook for 23 minutes in order to achieve perfection, and they are then plated along with hand-selected market-sourced bacon pieces, ensuring you get the tastiest bacon of all.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2121

Birthday dinner!

Seared Sea Scallops and a jumbo salad with scratch Ranch Dressing. Then keto cheesecakes topped with raspberry whip and fresh raspberries. YUM! I am loved.

Rocking the classics :slight_smile: eggs/bacon/avocado/tabasco.

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #2123

Slow-cooked brisket, fried in bacon fat, pepped up with sweet chilli sauce and pickled jalapenos, then garnished with pickled baby cucumbers and sour cream is joined by twice-cooked rump steak dressed with Wasabi paste.

(Allie) #2124

Started my day with pork belly, pork sausages, couple of eggs, and of course my turmeric mayo. Also a fatty coffee.

Most of the coffee went down the sink as I just didn’t want it :thinking:

And my dog had some of the pork belly and one egg as I just couldn’t finish it. He was very happy :joy:

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #2125

That’s fitness food, how did he get the name he’s got? :slight_smile:

(Allie) #2126

Chunk you mean? Well he certainly lives up to it now I know :joy: But I named him long before I knew how big he would be. I had two names on my shortlist when I first met him at two weeks old, one was Shadow and the other was Chunk - but the breeder had a cat called Shadow so that was the decision made. Very quickly though, he did grow into it and when the breeder took the puppies for their five week vet check the vet commented on how well named he was as he was already the biggest chunkiest puppy in the litter of eight :joy:

Quality pickle work :sunglasses: