What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2078

Cube steak, cheesy cauliflower and an omelette.

(Heather Meyer) #2079

Tonights Dinner featured “Pork-Atchos”

I made a homemade keto dorrito seasoning that i tossed my pork rinds in and then I layered Mozza cheese, green onion and diced tomato and broiled… making sure to char the edges to give it a smokey bacon flavour. Served with a sour cream dip.

Bacon Cheeseburger Salad with Fried Onions & Pickles

(Running from stupidity) #2081

500g rump steak, gently dried after 24 hours in the sous vide being brought to medium-rare perfection, is then flash seared in bacon fat to give the perfect crust. Served with a sous vide poached egg, and house-blend wasabi paste for a bit of a kick.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #2082

I’m getting better at not over cooking my beef shoulder. And I’ve been experimenting with seasoning more. Nothing fancy.

Also, loooving my stick blender! This partly under-ripe avacado would not have been so pleasant without it.

(Mike W.) #2083

Did I just get 1.71 lbs of “salad”? Mayyyyyybe…

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2084

Now that’s a salad!

(Diane) #2085

Thanks for another suggested use for my stick blender (and the possibility of rescuing those pesky avocados that refuse to ripen)!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2086

Omg this was heavenly. Salmon with roasted courgettes (zucchini), cherry tomatoes and mushrooms topped with my go-to keto diet app cheese sauce! :heart_eyes:

:grin: Was definitely one of those 'more than the sum of it’s parts meals :yum:

The wife was busy today. :slight_smile: 6 hr. Roast in Slow Cooker, with Radishes and Onions. Then Seared it in a pan, then I told her to do the same with the Radishes, since a couple went into the pan and it looked good, and they were! Added some Bacon, Pickles and Deviled Eggs. Then she steamed, then baked sliced Cauliflower with Butter, Cheese and Bacon. (Plus, Sour Cream, not shown) (had a 2nd piece too) Like a loaded potato. :slight_smile:

Also, the Roast isn’t that dark. I moved my computer table, & the light casted a shadow. … Then she made a bowl of stuff for dessert. Strawberries, Black Berries, few Squares of Chocolate, and a few Pecans, Almonds and Brazil Nuts. … Was quite good indeed! (Now don’t feel like doing Christmas lights, but I will) :slight_smile:

You’d think our Anniversary was today! :wink: But it’s actually tomorrow. … Yep, TRH is on the menu! :smile: :yum:

(Running from stupidity) #2089

It’s a good thing she’s so obedient to your every whim :slight_smile:

Well, I can’t take credit for this Bob Ross moment. - (There’s no Mistakes, just Happy Accidents!) :slight_smile: She actually had two of the radishes get stuck to the roast and when she put the Roast into the frying pan. And when she saw them crispy in the pan, she said “Hey, you might like these this way?” and they were indeed good, so told her to do the rest of them. (I was actually playing around with the idea of frying up some Radishes with some fried Onions just last week. And after tonight, I think this may work quite well indeed.) :slight_smile:

(Cindy) #2091

Clare, can you tell me how you make your cheese sauce?

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2092

Hi Cindy, here is the link! https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/Keto-Cheese-Sauce

Just a quarter cup of heavy cream, cream cheese, butter, grated cheese and seasonings and you got a delicious sauce! I threw some garlic in mine for an extra kick :blush:

(Allie) #2093

Bacon and eggs. I wanted pork sausage but my local shop didn’t have any… so bacon it was.

(Running from stupidity) #2094

Bacon and eggs for breakfast, shot in the new light box. Have spent two hours doing colour calibration on the new PC build, building a profile for the lightbox, and making a colour correction profile for Lightroom, so no OTT parodic description tonight :slight_smile:

The eggs were done in the sous vide, 75C for 13 minutes. I have a different temp/time combo to try tomorrow in an effort to set the whites a little firmer. Well, I have several :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #2095

Rump steak and chunky coleslaw for dinner. See above image for excuses about description.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #2096

Well, the ones that went into the pan needed some friends anyway. Happy little radishes.

Yep, and that sounds like something he would say. :slight_smile: