What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(it's official - I'm forked) #2068

Brave thing, you are. #selfless

Yep. … The things one must do sometimes! :smile:

(Caryl) #2070

Keeping it simple tonight. From fridge to fork in 7 minutes.

Half a thin-cut ribeye, fried in ghee.
Garlic mushrooms, fried in rendered steak fat and ghee.
Steamed broccoli.

(it's official - I'm forked) #2071

This should not be a thing.

Half is better than nothing, but whole is delicious! :yum:

(Jeff Martinson) #2073

Jen. Will you marry me!!! Haha. My current wife won’t mind, if you’re going to be making meals like that. And her name is Jen too so I’m sure you’d get along great! :innocent:

(it's official - I'm forked) #2074

If you make all of your wives change their name to Jen, I think that would be the safest thing.

Had a bite before going out to put up Christmas lights. … Had some Ham Wrapped Egg Salad Rolls, Pickles, Olives and couple slices of Hard Salami and the Chicken Casserole. But the darker Meal Casserole we made last week and froze some, I didn’t eat. Nothing wrong with it, but after a bite or so, wasn’t feeling it. … Did also eat 4 Deviled Eggs and about 5 Brazil Nuts though. :slight_smile: (I’ve been adding a couple tablespoons of Thousand Island Dressing into the Deviled Eggs mix, which I’m really liking. Making the flavor really pop!)

(Regina) #2076

My first Kiwi lamb - purchased at Costco. You guys know how to raise lamb!

(it's official - I'm forked) #2077

The bacon IQ breakfast: What is the best bacon? Bacon offcuts is the best bacon. Here, 300g of hand-selected offcuts are complemented by three gently poached sous vide eggs. Creamiest yolks ever cooked.

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2078

Cube steak, cheesy cauliflower and an omelette.

(Heather Meyer) #2079

Tonights Dinner featured “Pork-Atchos”

I made a homemade keto dorrito seasoning that i tossed my pork rinds in and then I layered Mozza cheese, green onion and diced tomato and broiled… making sure to char the edges to give it a smokey bacon flavour. Served with a sour cream dip.

Bacon Cheeseburger Salad with Fried Onions & Pickles

(it's official - I'm forked) #2081

500g rump steak, gently dried after 24 hours in the sous vide being brought to medium-rare perfection, is then flash seared in bacon fat to give the perfect crust. Served with a sous vide poached egg, and house-blend wasabi paste for a bit of a kick.

I’m getting better at not over cooking my beef shoulder. And I’ve been experimenting with seasoning more. Nothing fancy.

Also, loooving my stick blender! This partly under-ripe avacado would not have been so pleasant without it.

(Mike W.) #2083

Did I just get 1.71 lbs of “salad”? Mayyyyyybe…

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2084

Now that’s a salad!

(Diane) #2085

Thanks for another suggested use for my stick blender (and the possibility of rescuing those pesky avocados that refuse to ripen)!

(Clare) #2086

Omg this was heavenly. Salmon with roasted courgettes (zucchini), cherry tomatoes and mushrooms topped with my go-to keto diet app cheese sauce! :heart_eyes:

:grin: Was definitely one of those 'more than the sum of it’s parts meals :yum: