What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Karen) #2028

Love mustards! Looks yum

:rofl:

(Bob M) #2030

Looks delicious, but you don’t sear the pork belly at all?

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2031

That’s a pretty plate, Mic.

It’s a good bit of Hot English - entirely the right mustard for that particular job :smile:

(Caryl) #2033

Picanha steak, sous vide at 49C for 3 hours (very rare) then flash fried in butter.

(Alex ) #2034

Not quite as impressive as that BEAUT steak @Caryl but here’s my dinner…

Gammon, spinach, tomato, mayo and avocado oil, which is my new favourite oil for salad.

Plus…

My MCT oil turned up today … :grin::grin::grin:

(Diane) #2035

A messier (but very tasty) breakfast today. An omelet with carmelized onions, freshly cooked bacon bits, sautéed broccoli, sharp cheddar with some fresh salsa and sour cream.

(Cindy Ward) #2036

My first meal of the day. Very simple, but it was enough. I baked a bunch of bacon, poured some of the fat into a saucepan and cooked a couple of eggs. Couldn’t think of anything I wanted to add to it, so left it at 2 slices bacon and 2 eggs.
Even more amazing, I haven’t wanted any tea today! I have 1/2 a cup left from yesterday and I’d just prefer to drink my water. So at this point, I’m almost completely off caffeine.

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #2037

I tried, and the soy sauce just burned, so I stopped pretty quickly :slight_smile:

I did last time I sous vided it, but that was just plain.

:pray:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2038

Now we’re talking! You know your beef! :star_struck:

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #2039

Just so you know, I just looked at it again and am IMMENSELY frustrated by the position of the fork. It’s incredibly annoyingly … wrong, somehow. #stupidbrain

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2040

You shouldn’t have said anything. Now it’s bothering me, too. It’s too high… Yes, I have a touch of OCD. :joy:

Doesn’t change the color composition and clarity, though. Still like it.

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #2041

I didn’t want to be the only one frustrated by it, see? :slight_smile:

I was awake at 3am and was thinking about how annoying it was, which doesn’t help with getting back to sleep…

(Doug) #2042

That fork wants to get over to the pork belly.

(says mix it up! Let chaos reign!) #2043

Good point!

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2044

OK. That works for me.
I was ready to cut/past the fork down a couple centimeters to resolve this.

(Diane) #2045

Now you made me go back and look!

(Scarlett Hyde) #2046

So this morning, I woke up not feeling very hungry at all but ate some Brazil nuts for breakfast anyway because my mum would start panicking if I didn’t eat any breakfast at all. For dinner, just after kick-boxing, I could not be bothered to cook some meat so I made a quick, tasty omelette loaded with cheese. That meant, I barely ate any carbs that day and to celebrate my birthday (it was actually yesterday but I was too ill to eat anything) I decided to eat the thing I missed the most on keto. Fruit… I ate like 30g of mango slices and 50g of blueberries along with 4 strawberries. It was heavenly, I forgot how much I loved eating fruit but I ate in moderation which proves my will power is strengthening (I still have to work harder though, I had to thrust the rest of the mango to my sister to avoid any more temptations). Either way, I would never have thought of fruit being a treat, especially for a birthday, but here we are…
Anyway, I took a picture of the berries but the mangos where swallowed promptly after being measured and no time was left for a photo.

Steamed broccoli and cheese mixed with deep fried scrambled eggs (in bacon grease) and some salsa on top.