What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Marco de Jong) #7081

I think I used the following combination on the Noodles, they tasted amazing.

2 tbsp sesame, 2 tbsp water, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce, 1 tbsp sriracha sauce, 2 minced garlic clove and some chilly flakes

(Marco de Jong) #7082

Today we made these cheese burgers with Keto bread instead of cloud buns and replaced the chicory with bacon. Very good although loved the chicory (if it is fried a bit first).

(Jane) #7083

That’s how I cook mine - I call them my “folded eggs” because you don’t scramble them in the pan - you let them cook, then fold them over a coiple of times until they are done as much as you like. Amazing the difference in how they taste!

(Ashley) #7084

My meal today is a zip fizz for some electrolytes as I am fasting!

Decided to go with TMAD today… Giant Brussel Sprouts, Pickles, Olives, Country Sausage & Kale, Pulled Pork and Bacon. Then had a small bit of Halo Top, Chocolate Ice Cream.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7086

Keema with Spiced Cauliflower Rice

Keema is a ground lamb curry from Northern Indian Mogul cuisine. It came out very tasty. The cauliflower rice isn’t what you’d call curry. Turmeric, cumin seeds, ginger, S & P, butter and coconut oil. Mint on top. Link to a post about Asafoetida which I used instead of onion and garlic. :man_cook:t3:. :cowboy_hat_face:

Asafoetida - a low carb replacement for onions and garlic in some recipes

I’m so jealous!!

Worked 13 hours today so my dinner is roast beef with butter and melted cheese. Looks like dog food but it tastes pretty good!

(Ashley) #7089

I should probably also add to this in case anyone does send any info about cars that I don’t know how to drive a manual! I know typical American!
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
I know this isn’t the place, but some of us are trying to help @monsterjuice get another car after hers was totalled in an incident with a deer. Please read about it HERE and help us you can!
[/quote]

If you write “potica” in the search bar, you’ll find a few different recipes :slight_smile: if you need any help, let me know

(Allie) #7091

@David_Stilley there’s a keema recipe on Headbangers Kitchen that I’m intending to make one day soon. You may want to try it too?

(Natasha) #7092

It was from Amazon UK :uk:

('Jackie P') #7093

I love reading your food posts! You are a true gastonome and always inspire me.
I lightly beat my eggs and add water when I make an omelette but scrambled ! A bit like would you like an egg with your butter and cream madam!
I’m going to use water from now on.:blush:

(traci simpson) #7094

We had happy hour at work and I ate some cheese cubes and had vodka with club soda and a slice of lemon. I caved and had two crackers with my cheese cubes which tasted SO good I’m not gonna lie. That along with my OMAD was fried chicken tenders (pork rinds and ground flax seed) and the last of my creamy fish casserole.

(Jody) #7095

Wife and daughter were out, so I didn’t get fancy … I just finished the sausages from Monday night on a [SmartBakingCo] bun w/ cheese and homemade [Avocado oil] Mayo… all while just standing at the sink. lol

(The cheese slices in the background were for the puppies.)

(traci simpson) #7096

Pictures of puppies please so that I can smile today~!

Your dogs - let's see them
(Jody) #7097

Just to keep things in the right place, I added pics to the dog thread.

Here is the direct link to my dogs

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #7098

I had a lunch thing today and was tasked with bringing a veggie dish. So I made broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce. I’ve been nervous about cheese sauce since I don’t have sodium citrate and so thought it would separate easily. But it didn’t. Seven hours later I used the meager leftovers on my dinner. So. So good.

200ml cream
2 healthy dollops butter
Pepper
Scoop of whole grain mustard

Heat till mixed well and starts to thicken

Add 270ish grams shredded Emmentaler slowly, sprinkle stir, sprinkle stir

This has changed my life.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7099

That’s very kind of you to say that, I really just love cooking and enjoying food. And I enjoy sharing it with you all here at this forum.

@Ruina It’s good to see you here again!

There are plenty of people who intentionally keep their food really boring on this site that I have interacted with. Their approach is to make food and eating an unimportant part of their lives to break food addictions. I understand their predicament. But cooking without spices and food just for sustenance would never be sustainable for me. For me eating keto can be just as tasty and satisfying as any carb fest would be. I eat less, and enjoy it more. Food is an important part of living and life I believe. Holidays, gathering of friends and family are most always involving great food because it is one of life’s great pleasures. It would sadden me greatly if food was just focused on getting rid of hunger minus the creative effort and the love I put into my food.

Keto flexes my creative muscles in the kitchen.

Four scrambled eggs with 3oz salmon and 1oz of cream cheese. Also had some Gouda but ate it before I took the pic.