What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Diane) #6876

Yeah, I believe Carrie Brown was low carb before she went Keto. I also think she may have a higher carb tolerance than I do as she wasn’t ever overweight (and so maybe she wasn’t/isn’t insulin resistant). I do think many of those recipes still work for me, I just have to be really careful about portions and how often I include them in my meals.

(traci simpson) #6877

I have to also be more mindful at looking at the listed carbs before I make them.

(Karen) #6878

Last night attended a presentation on aging gracefully, and retirement. It was served at the Denver aquarium and the choices were salmon or steak. I chose one of each and my husband decided to do the steak so I had the salmon. I’m a better cook clearly, the salmon was like shoe leather. I ate all of the zucchini Summer squash and eggplant out of the vegetable Medley.

(Steve) #6879

We are under tornado warning in southwest Florida as a big storm line covers the state. Looks like we are cooking inside tonight.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6880

I think keto has you covered there Karen. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6881

Sausage and Eggs with my newly perfected Keto Mini Coffee Cake

Yesterday’s coffee cake paled by comparison! :moon_cake: :man_cook:t3:.

Happy Friday :cowboy_hat_face:

(Marco de Jong) #6882

Mushroom fritttatta with zuchini noodles

Heavy stuff, ate half of the frittatta and I was full. Just some coffee and good to go for the next 18 - 24 hours.

(Allie) #6883

Roast lamb ribs and slightly too runny turmeric mayo.

(Diane) #6884

I am finally working through a few baking experiments in the kitchen today. This is Carrie Brown’s Chocolate Fudge Mug Cake with cream cheese fluff and fresh strawberries. I added 1.5 TBS of Lily’s chcocolate chips to the mug cake.

BTW- way better than those Hostess Suzy Q’s I used to crave.

(Ellen) #6885

Happy ketoversary Allie! What are lamb ribs like?

(traci simpson) #6886

Eggs it is!

(Allie) #6887

Just like the breast but with bits of bone to navigate. They’re not bad, very cheap to buy which has to be a good thing.

Thanks, Candy. Actually just what I’m doing. Cough-Syrup with Codeine we had left from not long ago. But between the sweats, coughing fits, etc. Sleep still isn’t coming along too well. :+1:

Thanks, @Elle79 @monsterjuice I’m hoping so too. This one really kicking my ass presently. :+1:

Happy ketoversary @Shortstuff . :slight_smile:

The Wife was going to make me Chicken Soup of sorts, adding some Broccoli and thickening it some. But then she started cooking up some meats for this weekend, and I just told her to throw some on a plate, and that I actually didn’t care if the grease bothered me. :nauseated_face:

I actually only ate two of the Eggs, 2 slices Bacon & 4 Sausages. Gave her back the rest for the Pups. Could have finished it really, but just not really feeling it.

On a keto fathead bagel half…avocado, avocado oil mayo, and uncured beef pastrami (pretty sure I could eat this one everyday for the rest of my life lol) AND cleaning some Morels in saltwater for dinner side dish :yum:

(Ashley) #6890

Looks so good!

I’m just north of Charlotte NC and I keep getting notifications for tornado warnings in neighboring counties :hushed:

1/2 a large roasted duck with lots of crispy skin and a bit of Sorrento lemon reduction along with green beans with bacon & pine nuts (cooked in bacon fat of course)

If it’s any consolation, I live in the southwestern part of Virginia (literally on the NC line), and we’ve already had a couple thunderstorms roll through and they were nothing. We were under a tornado warning at one point (still under a watch til 5), but all it did was rain a little. Hopefully you don’t have to deal with anything worse than that.

—————

Forgot to take a picture (I’m so bad at remembering!), but I had a 4 egg omelette with leftover cheese sauce from yesterday’s broccoli. I’m so sick of eggs!

Keto at Six Flags over Texas

They were nice enough to give us extra meat and no rolls or tots. Hubby and I made a pact not to cheat even though they only serve junk food here.

Hate tornado season, had one just north of us a couple nights ago, stay safe!