What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6693

@Steeni_O If you like the meatzza pizza you might like;

https://dudefoods.com/bacon-weave-pizza/

I havenā€™t made this particular recipe, itā€™s just to point out the bacon crust concept. :cowboy_hat_face:

That sounds amazing!

(Jane) #6695

Ok, there was a LOT more sausage on this plate before I remembered to take a pic.

I am babysitting the grandsons so my son and DIL can go out for their anniversary. Iā€™m staying at their home until Friday recouping from surgery so they have a live-in babysitter :grinning:

My DIL gets a lot of game meat from her Dad. I asked what game the sausage was and she shrugged and said either Moose or Boar. He flys a float plane in Alaska in the summers for tourists. She made this for me and the boys for dinner tonight.

The broccoli was just steamed and seasoned so I added some pats of butter to mine.

(Jeramy Koval) #6696

Prepping a ribeye for dinnerā€¦

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6697

Iā€™ve heard of moose tracks but not moose links. I hope youā€™re recovering well @Janie :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6698

Winging it Quick Dinner

I spent the afternoon with my son at the beach and came home hungry. :smiley:

Burger Patties with a Dijon Cream Cheese Pan Sauce

My son got this awesome salad with three kinds of homemade sauerkraut and pickled sweet peppers, and homemade tahini dressing. All I had was two patties. His burger also had homemade garlic dill chips. Iā€™m having a nice bowl of Sour Diesel for desert. :cowboy_hat_face:

My new recipe thread,

Tonightā€™s OMADā€¦ Pickles, Olives, Deviled Eggs, Cauliflower w/ Butter, Zucchini & Ham, Bacon, Chicken Gizzards & 1/4 lb. Beef Hotdogs w/ Cheese. Almonds and 92% Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate

And afterwardsā€¦ a VERY RARE nap! :wink: ā€¦ Must have been tired, since I canā€™t recall the last time I actually fell asleep shortly after eating. But it was nice change, since sleep hasnā€™t been great lately. :sleeping:

Eggs scrambled in butter are awesome! Ever tried it with beef tallow?

(Jane) #6701

lol.

Thanks. Took my dressing off today and incision looks great. Only take one pain pill at night to help me sleep - not even ibuprofen during the day, so doing well.

If anyone has ever had surgery on their hand they know what Iā€™m talking about when I say there are SO MANY nerve endings in your hand! So glad to be over the hump and on the healing side.

Youā€™ve had a lot of surgeries so I know you know all about recoveries. I lost my index finger on my left hand with the original injury 37 years ago and the middle joint of my middle finger. Itā€™s the joint Iā€™ve had fused numerous times over the years that keeps being a problem. That - and trying to get past customs in China when they want FIVE fingerprints of my left hand! I wave my fingers at them and say ā€œno can doā€. Took me an hour in Shanghai 2 trips ago to satisfy their computer system. Last time I breezed right through with a few mouse clicks so I obviously got someone more knowledgeable about their system.

Calling this a meat salad. I put the last of the roasted chicken, some bacon, some pepperoni, and then some olives and banana peppers. Iā€™m embracing meat eating with gusto.

Oh, and thereā€™s some lettuce under it all.

Thatā€™s how I like my Saladā€™s. :slight_smile:

(Jane) #6704

I donā€™t think so. Bacon grease and butter only so far. Not sure where Iā€™d find beef tallow where I live.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6705

@Janie roast beef fat is awesome next time you do a roast.

I have roast beef fat!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #6707

@David_Stilley, your Sour D ref wasnā€™t lost on me. :wink:

(Karen) #6708

Dinner this evening out with my mother-in-law because my husbandā€™s brother is in town.

Salad with blue cheese

Shrimp and fresh tomatoes, Parmesan, on a bed of steamed spinach. They nicely substituted the spinach for the pasta that it came with

(Karen) #6709

Lots of people on this thread definitely cook, but itā€™s also clear that people are able to easily eat keto out. Lots of smart choices.

(Allie) #6710

Ribeye, grilling cheese, eggs & mayo.

(traci simpson) #6711

Did you know that in restaurants they put pancake batter in their eggs? I always ask for shelled eggs! If there isnā€™t cake batter, they crack a bunch at a time and add water. Yuck. When I cruise, I tell them I want a shelled egg omelet and they look at me like Iā€™m crazy but by day 3 they know right away and start making it when they see me!!!

Walmart actually carries tallow and duck fat now but itā€™s a bit pricey.