What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Doug) #5966

Eye of Round roast. This is cheap beef, $3.19 U.S. per lb. or $7.02 per kilogram. 34 hours sous vide at 132 °F or 56 °C. Seared under an oven broiler for 9 minutes. With the temperature, aimed for right in-between Medium Rare and Medium, and it hit the spot, despite being lighter red in color than I expected.

It’s fine-grained meat, very steak-like, yet if there is a “steak” taste and a “roast” taste then this is also right in-between there too, ultimately juicy and very, very good.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5967

Happy Sunday…Basic Breakfast

After my late breakfast I made a keto Mocha Double Espresso with this cocoa I got a deal on, next time less chocolate!

In the afternoon I made

Cannabis Infused Bacon Nectar :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:
Praise The Lard and Pass The Libation

:hot_pepper:Sichuan Spicy :tangerine: Orange Peel Pork :pig: with Rainbow Chard

My son is visiting today, he liked it! :yum:

:cowboy_hat_face: Have a great evening!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5968

Ahhhhhh sookie sookie now

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5969

Oh Lard, Espresso Chocolate Infused Bacon Nectar Cake Late night bake! :grin:

2 Carbs wisely chosen! :crazy_face::call_me_hand:t3:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5970

What did you use to shape the ‘taco shells’?!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5972

Amazing!!! Thanks for this!! Can’t wait to give them a go! :blush:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5973

Lunch today is an extremely ripe avocado, chopped spinach with avocado oil, chicken breast and a dollop of mayo!

(MooBoom) #5974

Spag bol, swap pasta for broccoli florets. It’s really nice, especially if done al dente :yum:

I used one of our square muffin pans, since it provides straight line walls, opposed to the round muffin pans that just support the centers. It just provides better support for form. But a round would work if you don’t have one. … I always put all the recipes in my recipe thread for later use. (Thanks Darren) :slight_smile:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5976

This has got my brain ticking!!! Oh the possibilities are endless!!! Thanks for this!

You’re quite welcome. :slight_smile: … I’m always looking to try new stuff, and Taco’s have always been one of my favorites, and I’ve been wanting to try these guys. (Also looked at other meats for possible shell use) I’ve been doing different types of Cheese shells, which do work fine, but they are a bit more work. But these are much easier to prepare ahead of time, where the Cheese ones do require a lot more time.

This is how I get sometimes just seeing something that looks good. Ideas to try start flowing. :smile:

Well, home again today since the Wife woke me around 1am, as she was feeling quite ill. Something she ate wasn’t agreeing with her. Hours later she felt better and woke feeling a lot better. … I made a London Broil Steak with Fried Eggs for her, my son, as well as myself. (Wish it was Sous Vide though)

Here’s my plate…

(Khara) #5979

Denny’s now has a build your own Grand Slam. You can choose ANY 4 items and none of that “It comes with hash browns and toast BS”. Yay! It made eating out so much easier, and cheaper than ordering from the sides menu. :slightly_smiling_face:

Brilliant!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5981

Do the cheese ones have the same crunch? I might spend a bit of time this weekend making some with cheese!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5982

Dinner tonight was my usual go-to! I seasoned the mince nicely, roasted some cherry tomatoes and courgettes, and poured garlic ghee on the whole lot! Obviously I had my crispy kale…

(Ashley) #5983

They have a crunch imo but even as long as I cook it, it’s nice but isn’t quite taco shell. I may also try the salami as im trying to reduce my dairy intake!

Yes, they do. You just need to bake them until the edges start to brown up nicely. I’ve tried many types of Cheeses too and some do put out more oil then others, so dabbing them with a paper towel helps. But you do have to fold them over something to dry, which helps hold them to shape. (But they are a bit of work) Just shape Cheese in a circle to the size you want & bake 8 -10 minutes, or until edges brown.

I’m planning on doing the Salami ones tonight to see how it goes. They will be bite sized, since Salami isn’t that large in diameter, but I don’t mind. I plan to eat about 6 to 8 of the Mini-Meat-Taco’s. :smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5985

Hungry Man Scramble

Louisiana Hot Link, avocado, kumato mini toms, Pepper Jack Cheese. :cowboy_hat_face: