What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

I was about to say, “I thought you were lazy?”

But this restored my faith in you. :slight_smile:

But this is REALLY what I want to celebrate! :tada:

Picanha, chimmichurri and some mixed grilled veg with black olives (onion, baby tomato & red pepper)

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5637

You read my mind, on the way home from the gym today I was starving, stopped at Mcdonalds and got a double cheeseburger no ketchup ot onions and was going to take a lazy keto pic in honor of @dlc96_darren, but I ate it before I even barely made it out of the McDonald’s parking lot! :rofl:

@David_Stilley for the win.

EDIT: I still do have the bun that I saved for the squirrels and whomever gets it first. But not keto or pic worthy.

(Ellen) #5638

Beef & bacon stew, I did do 90s “bread” roll, but managed to open up thumb, didn’t think bloody “bread” would look good.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #5639

Haha! :joy::rofl:

Was OMAD all last week, including yesterday at a Wedding. … Decided to hit two meals today and thinking about Fasting the last week of March. Bacon, Eggs and a piece of Top Sirloin Steak.

Wife is making a Rack of Ribs, as well as some Country style Ribs for Dinner. :slight_smile:

Not feeling hungry
(Diane) #5641

@Digital_Dave, again with the beautiful eggs!

I actually tried your method today and they came out gorgeous. The yolks weren’t quite as runny as I like them, so I need more practice. I ate them with “re-fried” (in bacon nectar & butter) leftover pulled pork and steamed broccoli. I was so hungry, I ate them before I thought about taking a picture. VERY satisfying!

Yeah, there is a fine line between keeping the Eggs from being runny, and also not overcooking them. … try touching around the yolks at times, while spooning the liquid over/around them. Occasionally one or two might get a little harder on the yolks than I like, but they are definitely not running. :slight_smile:

(Diane) #5643

I also made my first Keto chai latte type drink. I used Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice (a sort of non-caffeinated, herbal tea that tastes like chai to me) brewed really strong and hot. I then added HWC so it was about half cream and half tea. It was SO good. I added a couple of drops of liquid sucralose, but I’m not sure it needed any, it tasted so sweet. And I used to add about 8 packets of Splenda to 24 oz thermos. My sensitivity for sweetness has really changed.

You just reminded me I have a box of decaf chai in the pantry, sounds so good for dessert

(Karen) #5645

Lunch @ Dulles

Beef burger sans bun, Swiss, onions, mushrooms, bacon, a touch BBQ sauce

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5646

Bacon Wrapped Bratwurst and
3 Kinds of Sauerkraut

It’s a wiener! Yum :yum:. :cowboy_hat_face:

How did you make it? I just made some in the crockpot. Took all day but I didn’t have to do anything but put it in, take it out, stir it with a fork, and it all shredded up beautifully. Made it with a mustard based homemade bbq sauce. Slow cookers are amazing.

This is how my Wife makes it too, and it comes out great. She also uses a BBQ Sauce where she substitutes Liquid Stevia where it calls for Brown Sugar. Pretty good.

Tonight’s meal… Had a Salad, then some Country Pork Ribs and a Rack of Ribs, plus Cauli-Egg Salad and Sauerkraut. Also some Pickles & Olives.

I get them at Costco for about $10/lb. It’s worth the price of admission given how many I eat.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5651

My husband and I say like every 4 months, “We should get a Costco card”. For years now lol. Hasnt happened!!!

Are the rib eyes routinely that much? What size packs do they come in?

(Khara) #5652

Ok… how did you do yours? :bacon: :hotdog:

I made pulled pork. bf says it’s good.
I also made pork tenderloins for the week so he could feed while I work late again almost all week
Last, my dinner, I have eaten chicken! 23 year veg but I love how this diet makes me feel so much I’m experimenting. Feel a bit bad about it because I’m a lover of animals and feel quite a bit hypocritical but I figure I can always go back after testing it out.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5654

So inspired by your post I decided to give it a try. I had cooked bacon this morning and had a bunch of fat in the skillet. I wrapped a thick bacon slice around each one and put them on a foil lined pan in my counter top convection oven at 400F for about 15 minutes. The bacon was cooked but not crispy so I fired up that skillet and when the fat was hot I put them in and rolled them around every so often till the bacon was crisp. Keeper, thanks for the idea. :cowboy_hat_face: