What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Taco meat and fried eggs.

(Mollyann Hesser) #4875

I love pork loin! And that sugar-free cranberry sauce :astonished:
it’s so good! Im glad I have 10 points of cranberries in the freezer.

(Diane) #4876

Pork and cranberries go so well together!

(Brennan) #4877

Ginger orange duck legs in orange sauce, sous vide (@ 155 F for 20 hours) then broiled to crisp the skin.

Orange sauce recipe:
juice of 1 orange
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp swerve
1 inch ginger chopped fine
a little salt
a little pepper
reduced down over medium heat.

Next time I’m going to save some of the zest for the sauce instead of having it all on the duck in the sous vide.

Super delicious!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #4878

One way to keep things clear is to use the quote function. just highlight the part of the post you are responding to and hit the quote button that pops up.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4879

My actual food that I ate today was unspectacular and simple as it was a busy day. But I did make a batch of Paò Caí which if you read this thread I mention often because it’s a simple to make probiotic ferment that’s super healthy, will help with your salt needs, is ready to eat in your refrigerator for up to a year and is really delicious and adjustable to your own tolerance for spicy foods. I created a recipe link for you guys, I hope some of you make some and enjoy it in good health. :man_cook:t3:

Paò Caí easy Chinese Fermented Cabbage :cowboy_hat_face:

(Allie) #4880

Left over meat from Tuesday morning’s failed meat feast. Simply cut into pieces and fried in ghee. Also a fatty coffee and some of my Bulgarian yoghurt, made with organic Jersey milk and extra heavy cream.

(Ellen) #4881

Hmm, yeah that could have something to do with it :grinning:

(Tamela Robinette) #4882

Thank you😁

Yes Ma’am, I agree… and if there weren’t for so many other plates involved tonight, I probably would have inquired. :smile: … But I do believe I told V just give me a few. :wink: :slight_smile:

(Jody) #4884

Been a minute since I posted foods … I have been to busy eating it THEN realizing I didn’t get a picture. :rofl:

Since my last picture, I have been having a lot more eggs. Here is last nights …

Under the 4 outer eggs, there is a slice of Shank ham and cheese on a slice of coconut mug bread. I could only really get 4 slices from the mug bread, so the center egg has just ham and cheese under it.

(All the dark seasoning is Sumac and pepper)

Feeling a bit under the weather today (keto flu, maybe?), so I went with something lighter this morning.

Breakfast sausage and kale egg drop soup with salt, pepper, cayenne, and ground ginger.

I love me some soups!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4886

Where’s the duck Jody? :cowboy_hat_face:

(Jody) #4887

Actually have another 1/2 a duck in the fridge … but I was in a ham mood

(Susan) #4888

I had non Keto friends come over for lunch yesterday. They brought a cheese platter for starters. I gave them Chicken Kiev and Mediterranean Broccoli salad, then this most amazing Keto Chocolate Cake for desert…they wanted the recipes.

I couldn’t post anything yesterday but tried another cracker recipe, this time just ground flax, sesame seed, a tablespoon of olive oil, one egg, and enough water to bind it all together. Crispier than the last batch but BF and I agree the flavor of the almond flour crackers was better. These still taste good, testing them for shelf life and freezer storage.

Had them later on with some chili.

One pleasant thing I’ve noticed about trying these crackers is that I don’t want to snack on them all the time. Before, if I had a box of crackers, I’d eat little handfuls of them all night long until they were gone. Now I eat what I prepare and I’m done. I don’t think about them, I don’t crave more. Once I’m done eating my meal, I’m not hungry again until the next day.

(Mandy) #4890

Tacos tacos! Ribeye tacos! One of my favorite meals.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #4891

Went out with friends last night. The bowl closest to the camera is the one with no noodles for me. My friend was quite shocked but is a consumate host and complied with my wishes. He then kept pushing more meat on me as he was worried I wouldn’t be full without the noodles.

The restaurant had this handy piece of art I snapped a pic of so I can study the vocabulary. I’m already stumped by 雪花肉xuehuāròu snowflake meat. My local friends didn’t know either, but there was another poster showing highly marbled, thinly sliced beef with the same thing written.

(Diane) #4892

Lunch yesterday

The strawberries were very tart, the blackberries were the sweetest I’ve ever eaten. They went well with the cheese cake fluff.

Last night’s meal… (in the dark at that) Lost power due to an accident near the house, so ate my Salad and headed out to the Grill to sear the Steaks before last daylight faded. … But just as the Steaks were done our power was restored. :slight_smile: Steak and Shrimp - Also had Pickles & Olives, 2 squares of 92% Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate, few scoops Halo Top Ice Cream & a glass of Milk. (No Dairy for March)