What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Look forward to hearing how it comes out. I had never heard of Clotted Cream before reading of it on this site, but always wondered if I would like it, or use it enough to justify making it? … Does anyone know if it can be frozen once made for later use? Or it is best when used as made? Think that would be beneficial, especially if one wasn’t trying to consume too much at one time? … Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #3828

Ghost pepper cheese melt lunch - Jalapeno and cheese beef sausage and spam with ghost pepper cheese melted onto them as they fry, along with pickled jalapeno slices, pickled cucumbers, creamy brie and some sharp cheddar to cleanse the palette to finish with.

I really need to make more effort with my plating :heart_eyes:

(Running from stupidity) #3830

I wouldn’t, it’s an indicator of … well, I’m not sure what, but something stupid :slight_smile:

I actually had a couple of extra pieces of spam and a second sausage, but I was taking this image and then one with all of the food on the plate as an illustration as a result of Gaff’s question the other day.

Of course, it would have worked better if I hadn’t made a mess of the plating when adding the other bits after this image was shot, and thus was pointless as a comparison.

#sigh

Let’s start leaving secret messages in our food.

For such a simple arrangement it looks quite delicious, anyway!

Pho with shirataki noodles

OK, so I’m sick, which I seem to have been building up to all week and finally took its hold today. I spent most of the day resting and not wanting to eat. In the evening my hunger returned but I was really not in the mood at all to cook anything. I took my wife and daughter to a pho restaurant about ten minutes away that I’d discovered recently, the benefit being that they can prepare pho using shirataki noodles (labelled as “keto”):

Tonight I got the steak and brisket combo with shirataki noodles. The broth was amazing, possibly up there with the best of the best pho broths I’ve ever tasted. The meat was okay but did the trick. As a former lover of pho (the Seattle area is plastered with pho establishments on just about every street corner), this was a nice reunion and one I’d gladly visit again.

Keto in the wild: pho
(Running from stupidity) #3833

Foodsteganography!

For such a simple arrangement it looks quite delicious, anyway!

I think the space really helps.

#winning

(Jane) #3834

You don’t know how lucky you are. There isn’t a pho place within a 2-hr drive of me and the one in Little Rock damn sure wouldn’t have Shirataki noodles!!!

Jalapeno Popper Omelette with Extra Bacon & Frank’s Red Hot.
Schnitz all over last nights schnitzel :slight_smile:#formfollowsfunction

(Running from stupidity) #3836

Mmmmmm

(Jane) #3837

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Was stupidly good.

:grin:

(Running from stupidity) #3839

Steak and more steak - twice-cooked market-sourced rump steak with an awesome fat cap, with two pan-fried cauliflower puree rissoles, a touch of Asia with wasabi paste, fresh Bok Choy and Kewpie mayonnaise, and a taste of tomato to finish the dish.

And a gratuitous shot of the steak being finished in our awesome Solidteknics 26cm iron skillet.

(bulkbiker) #3840

30 hours at 52C? Mine’s in the pot at this moment for tomorrow…
The skirt/flank was tough as old boots yesterday so that’s back in for another 6 hours along with the rump… not one of my better efforts…

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #3841

After the success of the last steak I did, I decided to get a sirloin today. Roasted up a bit of celeriac, courgette, mushrooms and cherry toms to have with it! :yum:

(Running from stupidity) #3842

This one was about 14/52C, IIRC.

The wife still had some breakfast meats out, so we had some for a mid-day meal… Fried Eggs, Sausage links, Bacon and Smoked Spam. :yum:

(Ellen) #3844

Chicken, bacon & cheese, this was store bought (feeling v lazy last couple of days) thigh would have been better, so add to recipe list.

We are fixing to make some Taco’s tonight, and I was just saying to the wife, I might take the other half of the Rotisserie Chicken from last night and make up some type of Chicken Taco sides with it?

(Jane) #3846

Goat’s milk kefir with blueberries and gooseberries (1 carb)

Edited to add: the 1 carb was just the gooseberries. I’d never had them so weighed them and looked them up on Chronometer.