What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Brennan) #2908

Sous vide smoky cocoa nib pork tenderloin with stir fry garlic ginger gai lon (aka Chinese broccoli). And a nice Argentinian Malbec per the recommendation on the holiday podcast (direct from the LCBO).

Smokey-cacao-nibs-encrusted-pork-chops!
(Mike W.) #2909

Sous vide and broilered pork belly with a “quick” kimchi. Hot shiplap was this delicious!

(Jody) #2910

Fresh Italian Sausage and Chicken Thighs (both cooked on the grill). Egg salad (with avocado, raw cauliflower and chopped bacon), misc cheese plate.

(Troy) #2911

Put my parents Christmas Gift to use!
1st attempt
So Easy
Not the fanciest of pics

Dinner/OMAD for tomorrow ( not all at once ) :joy:
5lb pork butt

(Running from stupidity) #2912

It is all on the one plate… #pickledavemk2

(Running from stupidity) #2913

Eggs and bacon deluxe! A seafood cocktail and hand-created coleslaw are supported by market-sourced bacon alongside sous vide eggs, then surrounded by ham, pickled cucumbers, pickled jalapenos, ham, brie, on a bed of fresh iceberg lettuce.

You can see the creaminess of the yolk HERE if you are so interested.

(Allie) #2914

Fried chicken livers and sauerkraut.

(Running from stupidity) #2915

Terrific Tofu! Firm ‘organic’ tofu, tossed in coconut flour before being fried in fresh house-made ghee, before being finished with a chilli vinegar sesame sauce and crushed peanuts, and served with garlicy Asian greens and mushroom.

(bulkbiker) #2916

Were they good?

(Allie) #2917

Yes thanks, much better than the other types of liver I’ve tried :blush:

(Diane) #2918

This deserves extra “likes”!

:purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

(bulkbiker) #2919

Ever tried ox liver?
Tastes similar to calves liver but my butchers sells calves liver for £11 per kilo and Ox for £1.60 per kilo go figure…! You’d think it would be a lot stronger but I can’t really tell the difference. Cook the same way as the chicken livers…

(Allie) #2920

I have yes, not keen tbh. I’ve managed to hide it in with other meats but wouldn’t want it on its own.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #2921

Finally starting to get a hang on sous vide. 50°c for 6+h stored in the fridge, 1-2 minute sear on each side… Devine…

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #2922

This cut of meat was very evenly cut and about a half and inch thick or a bit more. Huh. Almost like a steak. So I gave it a whirl. Not very pink inside, but pretty tender! I da-rown that sucker in butter. I like it!

I also am quite in love with my new ceramic pot. It might be a big part of my success today.

Also, I wasn’t surprised by how cool it was inside, which helped.

Another part of my success… constant flipping that I learned on today’s show.

This sounds felonious. I wouldn’t recommend eating anything that would put you on the wrong side of the law.

Remember, you’re a guest of the Chinese government. :wink:

(Karen) #2924

Nice to have some variety. Firm tofu is delicious. I’m a big fan of tempeh too

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #2925

The wet market, dispite it’s disturbing name, is where there are stalls selling produce or meat. Like an Agora, but usually not open air. Wet market as opposed to dry goods store. Because dry goods you can store before you sell them. Or be extra efficient and sell them from the store rather than bringing them to the market.

Oh, whew! This makes me feel much better. I guess I’ve read too many spy novels. :grin:

Forgot to post yesterdays meals…

Had Scrambled Eggs with Cheese, Bacon and two different types of Fried Spam.