What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

Cheese & Tomato Omelette with Franks Red Hot & Bacon. Couldn’t finish it. I’ve never been defeated by an omelette before :open_mouth: Stupid heatwave!

(Running from stupidity) #2850

Herb and garlic roasted boneless chicken, multi-colour cherry tomatoes are fried along with bonsai mushrooms, with bok choy giving an Asian influence to top the dish off.

(Running from stupidity) #2851

Also, made more ghee made today. I kept a closer eye on it this time while I was kitchen cleaning/making the brisket :slight_smile:

(Allie) #2852

Three roast lamb hearts with turmeric mayo for breakfast, also a fatty decaf coffee and a small pot of homemade Bulgarian yoghurt.

(Mike W.) #2853

How does one make ghee? I’m doing some scallops sous vide on Monday and would like to finish seared in “butter” because I love the flavor. I’ve very heard ghee has a much higher smoke point?

(Running from stupidity) #2854

Yeah, it does, due to the removal of the milk solids.

And it has a lovely nutty smell/flavour.

I documented it last time I did it (thread linked below) but I somewhat overdid the cooking, so it turned into Beurre noisette/browned butter. It was still just as usable, but this time it looks better :slight_smile:

I watched it more carefully this time :slight_smile:

(Mike W.) #2855

Awesome. Thank you.

(Mike W.) #2856

I think I figured out why you run out of likes :rofl:

(Bacon for the Win) #2857

Pinning will probably help it heal better. Hope you recover soon, pinned or unpinned!

(Karen) #2858

Do you make deviled eggs every day, or do you buy them somewhere? They always look delicious. And I love deviled eggs.

(Karen) #2859

Thanks. I’m in a holding position. I have a rather bulky splint on. I can’t sleep well, and I can’t do much else that I’d like to do over this holiday break. I’m very frustrated.

(Bacon for the Win) #2860

Yeah, tough time of year to need a surgeon. That and the swelling needs to subside before they can really decide what to do. Don’t forget to advocate for yourself if you don’t like the advice you hear.

(Brennan) #2861

3 strips thick sliced old fashioned :bacon: and my scrambled eggs. (3 xl eggs with 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tsp maca, salt & pepper and cayenne all fried in the :bacon: grease!)

(Heather Meyer) #2862

oooh la la… now that plate is a piece of eye candy!

(Mike W.) #2863

Leftover spinach artichoke dip from holidays? Pair it with a spinach feta chicken sausage and toss in an omelette!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2864

A plate of freshly baked keto chocolate shortbread cookies…I got my daughter involved which is why they’re all different shapes and sizes! They cooled and crisped up nicely, kept their shortbread texture and taste as decadent as chocolate brownies. Very Happy with these! :clap:

We make them quite often, yes. Every few days or so. But yes, there is usually some in the fridge at all times. :slight_smile: I like to try different things in them too, such as adding in Blue Cheese, Thousand Island, Pickles, etc. Adds some good flavors to them and keeps them from getting boring. (Which I don’t think will ever be a problem for me though :slight_smile: ) … We have a couple Deviled Egg containers that hold 20 at a time. And we usually keep at least one loaded in the fridge. Actually, the wife is about to make some more up as I type this. :slight_smile:

(Diane) #2866

These look yummy! Recipe?

Cronometer is awesome. Thanks for the suggestion! :grinning:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #2868

Here you go! x