What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Running from stupidity) #2169

OK, so these eggs were, again, good but not great. Next step is higher temp and lower time (again).

(The LH one got marked by me dropping bacon on it :slight_smile:

Also, there’s not much bacon because my wife is a bacon thief.

A fresh Spinach, blue cheese, deli meat, salad with avacado oil, cider vinigar, some cheddar cheese!
Sometimes I like something fresh and light for a meal, happens to be dinner tonight! This is fabulous! I also put a tsp. of sesame oil :cherry_blossom:

i’d steal that bacon too!

Bet he has some friends !!!

(Running from stupidity) #2173

MY BACON!

Nah, it’s Carl.

Not my picture. Just illustrating one of my buddies these days for when I need to keto up a meal a bit (e.g. someone else cooking, it’s low carb, but not very high fat content).

This brand is really good and sold in most local grocery stores. I find the fancier the store the less appealing the products are, actually. If I’m lucky I can come across some of the good imported Spanish and Italian stuff but usually most meats I come across are sugar-laden, added honey, you name it. This is just pork, salt, spices, and found in QFC (for the Americans on here, our state’s version of Kroger).

Very tasty, would happily eat a bucket of this (and seriously burn out my satiety signal, but whatever!)

Looking for some more info!
(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #2175

Brie, bacon and homemade sauerkraut. Weird combo, but I like it.

(Allie) #2176

Bacon, eggs, sausages and mayo - OMAD today.

(Jocelyne Slattery) #2177

I have so much trouble cooking pork belly! And, I am a really good cook…usually. What’s the trick? Yours looks really yummy.

(Jane) #2178

I wish I could take credit for them! I was eating at the best BBQ restaurant I’ve ever been to. It’s called Killens and is located in Pearland, a community south of Houston.

(Ellen) #2179

Slow cooked beef madras (2nd bowl) not quite enough kick to it so have added more chillis and will let it cook for a few more hours.

(Ellen) #2180

Dagnamit, wish I knew this sooner, threw mine (40+ years old) out last year after housemate ruined it, to the extent that rust was flaking off it.

(Running from stupidity) #2181

Yeah, that one may have been too far gone by the sounds of it. So don’t stress :slight_smile:

(Deborah ) #2182

Those look really good. I’ll have to try doing that! :slight_smile:

(Deborah ) #2183

YES! The only way to cook a steak! Whenever I order steak in a restaurant, I always stress very rare. :slight_smile:

(Mike W.) #2184

Holy[spoiler]shit[/spoiler]. Bacon fat Alfredo over zoodles with a white truffle oil drizzle.
#juicefork

(Running from stupidity) #2185

:joy:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2186

When my wife was pregnant with our 2nd child (…and a wee bit hormonal) we went to a business dinner where I introduced her to some associates.
She ordered a t-bone, rare. It arrived at the table slightly curled at the edges from having been overcooked…a lot. She looked at it, her lip quivered, and a giant horse tear welled up in her eye then rolled down her cheek. She’s not a crier.
:joy:
Today, she’d probably go after the chef.

Yes Ma’am, they do taste pretty good that way. My wife came up with that not that long ago, and I’ve had it a couple times now. The Ham and Egg Salad goes together quite well. And simple eating too. :slight_smile:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #2188

I’ve been wanting to try making something like this for awhile now. Keto friendly Shepherd’s Pie.