What did you Keto today? Part Deux!

(Running from stupidity) #1515

Looking at it as “cooking” is part of the issue here, I think. It’s more like a small, lower-temperature water heater in your kitchen (usually). It’s not like a skillet on the gas.

(Heather Meyer) #1516

What is the purpose of Sous Vide? Ive seen these chefs use them on cooking shows but what os the benefit of them?

(Running from stupidity) #1517

You can cook the food to the perfect doneness that you choose, no chance of overdoing it by leaving it on the heat for too long, and it’s not as time-constrained as initial direct cooking.

So I want my rump steak cooked to medium rare. I put it in the sous vide, set to 53.5C (my fav temp, I tried a few in that region) and then a day later, I pull it out once the rest of dinner is ready, pat it dry, give it a minute or so on each side in a HOT skillet, and then you have perfect steak. If you want it more done, up the temp. Less, turn it down.

When we used hanger steak that was 72 hours. The pork belly I did the other day was four hours.

Once this fast is finished I’m going to try the new one for poaching eggs - set it to the temp you want (about 63C), throw the egg in as is, cook for an hour (or more or less, I need to experiment), shell, put hollandaise on it, eat.

(Mike W.) #1518

Precise temperature control down to half of a degree. It’s impossible to overcook something sous vide. Also you can easily pasteurize things by lengthening the time you cook something. With sous vide you can safely eat 140 degree chicken. I don’t recommend it from a texture standpoint, but you could.

(Mike W.) #1519

Why should you get a sous vide? I’ll just leave this here…

And this…

And this…

Sous vide is SO simply, even I can do it!

Remember, I’m the “laziest of lazy keto”. :grinning:

(Carl Keller) #1521

Fair point Darren. :smiley:

Ive made these and we left them at room temp in a sealed bag and ate them over 4 days time. Also reheated in the microwave for like 10 seconds to make it warm. It was good both ways, warm and room temp.

(Running from stupidity) #1523

You need a t-shirt for that :slight_smile:

(Melis Jansen ) #1524

2 eggs, cream, salsa, and cheese cooked in a generous amount of high fat butter. Topped with a lovely avocado.

(Alex ) #1525

High meat turkey sausages (high meat content) , 5g carbs each… (Won’t be eating all 4)

(Running from stupidity) #1526

I’m really looking forward to lunch tomorrow after this fast. I’ve been mixing a jar of peanut butter on the bench today, and that may not have been a wise decision :slight_smile:

(Mike W.) #1527

Sausages made with a rotten meat?

(Alex ) #1528

i hope not! High meat, as in meat predominant content ingredients - not rusk/fillers/grain whatever…

(Mike W.) #1529

OH! I thought you were talking about the “high meat” from the another post. Apparently eating it is a thing

(Alex ) #1530

yeah I saw that one too! Havent tried high meat of that nature, think I’d puke !

(Mike W.) #1531

No kidding. Sounds awful

(Cathy) #1532

Hot dogs are a great way to get your offals in!

(Heather Meyer) #1533

what is a “high meat”?

(Heather Meyer) #1534

what is offal?