What did you Keto today?

(Alex Dipego) #453

(Patricia D. Davis) #454

Nomming on certified Piedmontese ground beef sautéed with mushrooms, peppers and onions on a bed of steamed cauliflower. I :heart::heart::heart: Keto!

My first sous vide steak. It’s a grass-fed flank steak that’s been in the freezer forever because I was too chicken to cook it. Which is why I bought the sous vide, that and the fact that it was on sale at Best Buy.

(No I'm not mad - that's just my face) #456

Basted eggs, brie and pickle rolled in peppered turkey, chicken (miracle) noodle soup, dark chocolate chips in mascarpone.

(Becky Searls) #457

How-to/process for egg muffins??

(Becky Searls) #458

I’m still a little confused about how to make fat bombs. I tried this cookie dough fat bomb recipe @IndyDana posted (the no bake version with just 6 ingredients) and they’re ok…but seems like I missed something? They’re kinda grainy and weird? I did replace the swerve with monkfruit bc serve messes with my tummy…maybe that’s why they’re a bit off?

have to admit the ONE thing I’m not loving about keto is the sugar substitutes. I understand that using honey or maple syrup would wreck your carb ratio but I also just am not convinced that 1) there IS a sugar substitute that is as tasty / enjoyable as sugar and 2) that sugar substitutes are a good idea, generally. I know overall we all should avoid sweeteners, “real” or artificial…but it seems like everyone else has found a sugar substitute they like and I have tried everything from swerve to Splenda to monkfruit and not liked any of the above. I keep hearing “erithrytol” but which brand is actually erithrytol? And even then isn’t that a sugar alcohol that kinda messes with your insulin response?

I bet there is a very detailed post on this somewhere already…maybe a moderator could link to it? Thanks!

(AnnaLeeThal) #459

You basically mix everything except the cream cheese and pour into the muffin cups. Drop in the cream cheese and bake at 375 for 20 min or so.

(Scott Shillady) #460

Swerve, is the most common brand of erithytol. I use Pyure, which is erithytol, and stevia blend. Truvia is also good if you get the kind without dextrose and maltodextrin.

peanut-butter-chocolate-cheesecake-mousse

This is my favorite fat bomb. I wouldn’t really consider the cookie dough a “Fat Bomb” as the main ingredient is almond flour. But, i’m going to try to make a peanut butter version of those.

(Becky Searls) #461

Thx! Where’d you get your silicone cups?

(Becky Searls) #462

Thank you so much!! PB CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE MOUSSE!!! :scream: :tongue:

(Michelle) #463

please, how do I make almond joy fat bombs?

(AnnaLeeThal) #464

Probably Amazon. I did get some from Ikea, but I don’t like them as much.

(Guardian of the bacon) #465

Hey now! I resemble that remark.

(Stephanie Hanson) #466

Lazy baker question, do I have to whip the egg whites?

(Jacquie) #467

Avocado Tuna Melt Bites. I wanted something quick today. I didn’t like the flavour of them when I followed the recipe the first time I made them. Tasted too fishy, so I now mix all the ingredients together and make larger burgers that I saute in refined coconut oil. Followed by some unsweetened whipped cream and a few blueberries. Here’s the recipe I used.

(Jonathan Bowers) #468

Recipe over in the recipes section. Not Your Caveman’s Chili.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #469

I had a couple of pieces of leftover sausage to break my IF.

Then, I made this:

followed by one of these:

Both awesome recipes.

(Guardian of the bacon) #470

So how did it turn out?

It was delicious, and very tender. I’m sold!

(Guardian of the bacon) #472

Yea I love mine also, have made some amazing chuck steaks.