What did you Keto today?

@Henna
Do you have the recipe for that? I’d like to know the proportions of fish to cream to eggs. I loved it when I had it in Norway.

@Henna,
Thank you. I’m very grateful for this. I’m a fan of old recipes, and classical cooking techniques.

Thank you Adam. If loving food is wrong, I don’t want to be right :yum:

Thank goodness for Google translate :slight_smile: It has helped me translate so many things

(G. Andrew Duthie) #357

Shoulda taken a picture, but made some home-seasoned breakfast sausage with some fresh ground pork I picked up yesterday. Wanted to do sage, but to my dismay, we had none, so I used poultry seasoning instead (1tsp for a pound of pork) along with salt and pepper.

One of the irritations I have with most pre-made sausages is the added sugar that most contain. With fresh pork and my spices, no sugar, and only what I want in it.

And it tasted quite good. Still want to try just sage, salt & pepper, tho. :slight_smile:

split this topic #358

A post was split to a new topic: Meaty Stir Fry

I do the same with pork but usually only use it for scotch eggs.

(chris.coote) #360

I’ve just been pleasantly surprised at how all the major chains here support cutting out carbs. I get great reception, a bowl and a fork and knife, and even some cases of “did you want to also cut sauce x too, which has more sugar than you’d think,” and “do you want extra mayo on the side with this?” :blush:

Shrimp scampi! One if the many perks of living in coastal Norrh Carolina is FRESH SHRIMP. I used a recipe from foodnetwork.com, substituting white wine vinegar for the vermouth and pressed 2large garlic cloves in so I wouldn’t have to measure. I also tosssed in zoodles at the reduction phase!
Topped with some olive oil and a smattering of grated Parmesan. Delicious! On my list of go tos as the whole process probably took 15 minutes (once the shrimp were shelled an deveined)!

(Jonathan Bowers) #362

Grilled pulled pork and bacon crumble mission burrito with laughing cow spicy pepper jack cheese. Seasoned with mesquite salt, smoked paprika and jalapeño flakes. Topped with a BBQ salsa, guac, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.

(Patty W) #363

I have invented my own keto-waffle cereal!
I made some egg-protein based, non-dairy waffles to test out my new waffle iron this week. The iron worked great, but the recipe adjustments I made resulted in “meh” waffles. Ok with some coconut manna or such, but not great otherwise. Tonight I tore up a waffle, put it in a bowl. Put some coconut-flavored stevia & cinnamon on it, & then poured some home-made cashew milk over it. Delicious!

(Michael Iafrato ) #364

My favorite sandwich

(Will Madams) #365

This is my First Week and looking for a little feedback on my food selection. I have included a screenshot of MFP.

% is 70% fat 8% Carbs and 22% protein.

I commute to work 10Km on my bike and swim for an hour 3 times a week. on the screenshot below I have included the calories burnt on my commute.

I’m currently applying for the Australia Royal Navy and although I’m making his change for my health, I need to get my BMI down and fitness up!

my stats
27 year old male
168kg
6 foot 3 ( ex rugby union player)

Aussiewill,

why not give it a go as is for something like 2 weeks. If you don’t see the needle move, then make an adjustment. It looks like you are over 20 g net carbs. So, if you don’t see the needle move with your current plan, start staging down carbs, and then see what happens. For me, I need to stay much lower with carbs, but everyone is different.

Unfortunately, there’s no “operators manual” for the human body. We start with a template, and then customize from there.

@aussiewill, Something else I forgot to mention is that with keto, the idea is to eat fat to satiety. This is opposed to counting calories, and eating to a calorie limit. MFP is a great tool for food logging and tracking data like carbs, but not necessary for limitation of calories.

(Becky Searls) #368

any go-to’s you can think of for a newbie to cheese crisp making? :slight_smile:

(Becky Searls) #369

Did you see the keto version of quenelle I posted?? Breadcrumb free!

(Guardian of the bacon) #370

Dryer cheeses like parmesan and asiago seem to give the crispiest most consistant results. Muffin tins in the oven give a perfect uniform shape. I’m impatient. TBS piles on parchment in the microwave for 30 seconds gives me great results for above cheeses in my microwave.

I’ve had trouble getting colby and cheddar to get crispy. They may work better for making taco shells.

Wow! Thanks for that! I bookmarked the page. I will certainly try it out. :grinning:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #372

I use a muffin top pan, with around 2Tbsp of shredded cheese per crisp. You may want to use a little more or less, depending on the size of your pan (or if you’re just using parchment, how large you want the crisp.

My biggest problem is letting them cook long enough. I’m always worried about overcooking them, but if you don’t cook them enough, they won’t get really crisp.