What are your top 5 Keto meals?

When I first started Keto (almost 7 mo ago), I often ate:
Pork rind nachos loaded with cheese, avocado, sour cream

Egg salad with cauliflower

Eggs with avocados & cheese & bacon

Keto Crack Chicken

Plate of bacon, avocado, olives, pickles & mayo

Vs Now:
Grilled steak (usually with small amount of mixed greens)

Ground beef with garlic & salt

Fried eggs with turmeric & pepper

Oscar Meyer Center Cut bacon (the only kind so far I don’t have a negative reaction to) crispy topped with cream cheese

Not often, but Keto Chicken Crust pizza from Keto Connect recipe

It’s an interesting revolution, I was able to realize my negative reactions to avocado so dropped them. I don’t ever really crave eggs, but if hungry, once I make them I am happy with the meal. I definitely do crave ground beef…have no idea why, it’s the only thing that I actually crave at times or feel like I need over other food options available.

(traci simpson) #124

I buy so much ground beef and sausage now! You can make so many good things with it or just eat it alone with some cheese!

(Marianne) #125

I agree - we love both.

Can’t live without pork steaks and boneless pork ribs (very inexpensive cuts of meat). I pan sear them until the fat is caramelized, then put a dollup of bacon grease on them. We also like horseradish - love to serve meat with horseradish sour cream!

(Windmill Tilter) #126

Meal 1: 1lb of 80/20 hamburger crumbles with fat retained, salt pepper
Meal 2: 6 eggs, salt, pepper
Meal 3. 14.5 oz canned pink salmon, salt, pepper
Meal 4: 7 oz canned smoked herring, salt, pepper
Meal 5: See meal 1

That’s about 90% of my meals/calories for the last couple of months. I can’t decide whether to simply things a bit and get rid of the pepper, or add more variety by adding a sweet potato to meal 5.

It’s already two days into the new year but I’m still on the fence. :thinking:

(traci simpson) #127

I found some great shredded sirloin at an Amish market and let me tell you, it just melts in my mouth!

(Paulene ) #128

Made a version of the Keto Chicken Casserole with Pesto and Cheese over the weekend for my non-keto visitors - they loved it as much as I did. (I sort of feel bad giving them such a high fat meal, knowing they will store that fat away instead of burning it. I got over it. :smirk: ). I’m not a huge chicken fan, but this was delicious and will be a go-to for me from now on.
I dropped the leek (out of season here and priced at $10/kg) and cherry tomato, and added zucchini. The zucchini introduced a bit more liquid so I added an egg to stabilise the sauce a bit more. I blended fresh basil with the cream cheese & sour cream instead of using pesto. Yum.

(Lesli Ross) #129

This is a super old post, but do you have the cauliflower Mac and cheese recipe by chance? The only one I can find has “dry” mustard and I have no idea what that is.

(Susan) #130

I don’t have a recipe, I just wing it. I make a large batch with 2lbs (1kg) of ground beef and 2 heads of cauliflower cooked separately then added together. I use sharp cheddar 1lb/450 g and 250 ml/ 1/2 a pint? of HWC. I use salt and pepper to taste and about a tablespoon of Dijon mustard in the cheese sauce. Put in a large lasagna pan and cover with crushed pork rinds. Cook at 375 for about 45 minutes. I put it in individual servings and freeze it.

(Susan) #131

It just came out of the oven.

Fun thread!

I like chicken wings with blue cheese. (I am a Western NY girl so I am picky about my wings.) Chicken thighs with Franks is also acceptable.

Scrambled eggs or an omelette with cheese.

Broccoli dipped in guacamole. (I know that isn’t a “meal” but I eat much less than I used to so it is a meal to me now.)

Five Guys double cheeseburger, no bun, with mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, and mayo drenched in malt vinegar. (Weird right? SO good.)

Cobb salad.

Honorable mention treat: Shrimp with no-sugar cocktail sauce.

Oddly I have been on a tuna kick lately though. I doesn’t feel like it qualifies for “favorite status,” but I make it with avo mayo, throw on a piece of cheese, and melt/warm like a tuna melt without the bread.