What are your top 5 Keto meals?

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #1

Thought I’d have a little fun today. Hope you enjoy this too. What are your top 5 Keto meals? It could be simple. It could be gourmet. Breakfast, lunch or dinner what do you enjoy the most?

For me it’s
Bacon with a pair of eggs over easy. I love to dip the bacon in the yoke.

Raw salmon with slices of avacado. Drizzled with olive oil, lemon juice and a dash of salt.

T-bone steak with fried mushrooms and onion. Cooked rare with horseradish sauce on the side

Kielbasa with sauerkraut and mustard

Chicken wings with Franks buffalo wing sauce and blue cheese dressing.

With most meals I eat green veggies like spinach and broccoli.

(Lonnie Hedley) #2

6 hard boiled eggs for lunch m-f.
6 egg, 2 strips bacon, 2-3 tbls butter frittata for lunch on the weekends.
Half lb 73/27 ground beef, 2 strips bacon, 2-3 tbls butter, 2-3 eggs 7 days a week for dinner. Sometimes also add nutritional yeast and/or sugar free ketchup/bbq sauce.

I know that’s only 3, but that’s all I eat. :blush:

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #3

Well those three meals are certainly delicious enough. I pretty much stick to the 5 things I listed with an occasional switch. The frittata sounds really good.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #4

Coconut flour pancakes
Pork Belly
BLT’s with the bacon crisscrossed and fried as the ‘sandwich’
Rib eye fillet with garlic prawn topper and bernaise sauce
Lamb cutlets fried in butter with brocolli cooked in the fat with more added butter and garlic. Nom.

(Running from stupidity) #5
  1. Sous vide steak
  2. Sous vide steak
  3. Sous vide steak
  4. Sous vide steak
  5. Bacon and eggs

(Heather~KWOL for life!) #6

cheeseburger casserole
chicken breast stuffed with spinach and artichoke hearts in a cream cheese mixture
Steak and veggie sides
More steak and veggie sides
Cheesewiches----these are my new go-to lunches–I prefer provolone and roast
beef

Damn it, you took mine!

(Running from stupidity) #8

I will share with ppl in Aus :slight_smile:

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #10

Everyone’s got some yummy meal ideas. I also like to make Reuben’s without the bread. I use a bed of sauerkraut with sliced corned beef topped with cheese and mustard.

(Brandy) #11
  • pork belly bossam w/kimchi & keto friendly homemade peanut sauce
  • pork & chicken laulau
  • ribeye
  • charcuterie assortment w/ olives, nuts & cheeses
  • fried eggs

(Mike W.) #12

We have a winner.

Steak
Bacon and eggs or chorizo and eggs
Chicken thighs
Tuna, egg or salmon with a bit of mayo
Burgers

I eat pretty much the same thing all the time. I could eat steak everyday. Yum

(CJ Young) #14

Bacon and Eggs
Taco Salad
Fried cabbage (Just like fried ramen only with cabbage instead of noodles)
Braised beef ribs done as a stew/soup
Steak

Fried Chicken: mayo, stone ground mustard, and sriracha, dip chicken thighs in this and then crushed pork rinds. Oven 400 for 30 minutes.

Curry: Blend ginger, garlic, 2-3 serranos, tomatoes, tomato paste, onion
Make spice mix: turmeric, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon, cayenne, coriander
Saute chicken thighs or lamb. Add blended mix and spice mix, add coconut milk and vegetables of your choice: spinach, chard, etc.

Raw Tuna Poke Salad: mayo, sriracha, sushi grade tuna (whole foods has), lime, soy sauce, cabbage, cilantro

https://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/skirt-steak-skewers-with-mexican-chimichurri/

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #16

Thanks Grinch. I always welcome new recipes.

I’m new. Very new newbie. But, I thought it was High Fat, Moderate Protein. These meals sound high protein, moderate(?) fat. Can anyone sort me out?

The focus IMO is <20g carbs/day. If you’re already overweight (body fat), you don’t need to consume a ton of dietary fat from what I’ve heard especially once you’re fat adapted after a month or so. Also, it’s pretty hard to eat too much protein unless you’re doing protein shakes.
You also don’t need a lot of fat with every meal. If you’re having bacon and buttery eggs for breakfast and salad with olive oil and cheese and nuts for lunch, then you can lighten it up a bit for dinner so that you can have cream and berries for dessert!

Good to know. I’ve probably been hitting the butter too hard.

(John) #20
  • Omelet with 2-3 eggs, assorted finely diced or chopped veggies depending on what I have on hand: mushrooms, onions, green or red peppers, spinach, some parmesan, swiss or cheddar cheese. Saute the veggies in olive oil, then add in the beaten eggs. Cheese last. Side of bacon, 2 strips, if I have any. Sometimes with a small amount of raspberries or strawberries on the side.

• Fried chicken thighs - boneless/skinless, dipped in a beaten egg, dredged in a mixture of flaxseed meal, dried minced garlic, chia seeds, sesame seeds, salt, black and white pepper. Fried in a covered skillet in walnut oil or olive oil.

• Chicken salad - cooked chicken breast, chopped, finely diced celery, hard boiled egg chopped, mixed with avocado mayo. With a salad made from leaf lettuce, with full fat salad dressing and grated parmesan.

• Chicken soup - diced onions, carrots, celery, sauteed and cooked down in butter, add chicken bone broth, shredded cooked chicken breast or thigh, salt, pepper, italian seasoning. More of a side dish than a meal.

• Ground beef mixed with minced garlic, onions, green peppers, pan seared and cooked in butter, topped with spicy Korean mayo (mayo mixed with a small amount of Korean BBQ sauce (ssamjang) made without the standard honey). Side of whatever veggies.

(Samantha Ziegler) #21
  1. Buffalo chicken wings with ranch
  2. Chicken parm (chicken thighs with almond flour/parmesan “breading”, rao’s sauce, and mozz)
  3. Ground beef tacos with lettuce shells (and fixin’s!)
  4. Chicken caesar salad
  5. Steak with roasted broccoli and a creamy au poivre sauce