What are your top 5 Keto meals?

(traci simpson) #104

Holy crap that looks good. How do you make that? it looks layered.

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #105

Thanks for posting these recipes. I’m going to try these!

(David Jackson) #106

Bacon and eggs. Simple and effective

Pork shoulder steak with broccoli

Cold-smoked, hot-seared ribeye

Smoked chicken thigh taco salad

BLT lettuce wrap

(Bob M) #107

Other options: sous vide, then sear. Brine in salt water too, with or without sous vide.

(traci simpson) #108

Any casserole :shallow_pan_of_food:

(charlie3) #109

Large dinner salad with romain lettuce, collard greens, baby spinach, parsley, red onion, mushrooms, radishes, celery, red cabbage, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatto, radish leaves, kale, avecado. Then my own dressing with olive oil, white vinegar, apple cider vinagear, crushed garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard, fresh diced onion, leaf thyme, leaf parsley, lite salt, pepper, leaf oregno, leaf basil.

I make the salad 2 at a time and the dressing 60 oz in a batch.

(charlie3) #110

Cold brewed ice coffee with stevia and heavy cream. Ambrosia!

I make the coffee ahead, put in the mug when ready with cream and sweetner but not the ice and leavee in the freezer for some hours so the brew doesn’t melt much of the ice, the colder the better. I mix the coffee water and grinds then separate the grinds from the coffee by pouring through my coffee maker with one of those resuable metal filters. Paper plugs up too fast.

(PJ) #111

I admit that my easiest meal is a few chunks of colby-jack cheese with a few scallions and a big garlic clove.

My favorite treat/snack-like meal is a heavy-garlic and mayo cheese spread on any kind of keto breadish.

My common meal is chili con carne except instead of very liquidy it’s just kind of wet-gloppy, with some scallions, shred cheddar and diced tomato mixed in. Sometimes taco meat instead but it often makes me feel kind of… dark inside. Not sure why. I call all variations on this “glop.” :slight_smile:

My two favorite hot meals are both heavy meat stews:

Shredded chicken with coconut milk and a hot very-complex spicy red curry sauce

Cubed pork with tomatillo sauce, tons of hot peppers (mostly poblano jalapeno serrano), and a complex mix of spices.

I use the instant pot for both those, make as much as physically possible, and eat it like crazy until it’s totally gone.

I currently have my 6qt IP filled literally to the brim with chili verde. It finished the pressure cook and got all the rest of its stuff added and is in a 3 hour slow cook. I can hardly wait. :smiley:

PJ

(traci simpson) #112

I’ve answered this but I had to do it again.

Sausage and Cauliflower Bake
Browned butter cauliflower mash
Hot bacon and cabbage slaw
Ribeye with bacon and fried kale
Chocolate Mousse

Using the cut for “pork chop” may be your only problem. They are so lean that they are very dry. Use ‘pork steak’ instead–incredibly juicy! On the grill I usually cook 6 min on each side but my cuts are much thicker than this image.
Image result for pork steak

(Marianne) #114

We don’t have much variety beyond five meals anyway. :blush: Still working for us, though:

1. full fat cheeseburgers with added bacon fat
  2. pork steaks
  3. flank steak
  4. cream soup
  5. boneless pork ribs with fat pad

Most meals served with steamed veggie in butter or savory cole slaw.

:slight_smile:

(Marianne) #115

I wouldn’t worry about it. Keto is so contra-intuitive to what we have been used to. Fat is your friend; I’m sure you are not overdoing it.

(Marianne) #116

I usually add bacon fat to all our pork. Sometimes it is a little dry, but then I make sure to get melted bacon fat on it.

Bacon cheeseburger and cauliflower casserole
Spaghetti squash pizza crust
Ribeye and asparagus or brussel sprouts
Zoodles with homemade Alfredo, chicken, and crumbled bacon
Breakfast bowl - eggs, cheddar, bacon, sausage

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #118

Wow! Your ideas seem very interesting, I’ll have to try some of these!

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #119

I’ll have to get pork steak next time. Usually the chops are lean and lean = dry. :smiley:

Chaffles & chicken
Chicken & veggies
Buffalo chicken casserole
Steak & veggies
Eggs & bacon/sausage

(Bob M) #121

That’s a good way to do it. I also cook in lard.

(Bob M) #122

I must have too much time on my hands. I’ve made 5 totally new to us recipes in the last 5 weeks. Stuffed peppers last night, for instance. They were very good. I have 10+ more sitting in my inbox, waiting for us to try.

When I first started Keto (almost 7 mo ago), I often ate:
Pork rind nachos loaded with cheese, avocado, sour cream

Egg salad with cauliflower

Eggs with avocados & cheese & bacon

Keto Crack Chicken

Plate of bacon, avocado, olives, pickles & mayo

Vs Now:
Grilled steak (usually with small amount of mixed greens)

Ground beef with garlic & salt

Fried eggs with turmeric & pepper

Oscar Meyer Center Cut bacon (the only kind so far I don’t have a negative reaction to) crispy topped with cream cheese

Not often, but Keto Chicken Crust pizza from Keto Connect recipe

It’s an interesting revolution, I was able to realize my negative reactions to avocado so dropped them. I don’t ever really crave eggs, but if hungry, once I make them I am happy with the meal. I definitely do crave ground beef…have no idea why, it’s the only thing that I actually crave at times or feel like I need over other food options available.