What are your top 5 Keto meals?

(Diane) #63

Please share any recipes or directions?

(Diane) #64

Omelet with extra yolks and HWC. Some carmelized onions and mushrooms (or peppers, broccoli, spinach, etc). Some cheese.

Eggs over medium with bacon.

Ham and creamed cabbage or really cheesy cauli-mash.

Crack slaw (with either ground beef, ground pork or sausage).

Tin foil dinners with hamburgers and jalapeño cheddar sausages, cauliflower (or broccoli) and cream cheese.

Philly cheese steak filling (ribeye with grilled onions, peppers and mushrooms) with provolone and jalapeño mayo- no bun.

Tuna, egg or chicken salad with a green salad and blue cheese dressing.

Thai curry with chicken (green, red or yellow depending on whose turn it is to choose). Or Indian butter chicken. Both instant pot meals.

More than five, but these are all meals I make over and over.

(Susan) #65

Mmmm butter chicken… I forgot about that one.

1. Chicken breast with dijon mustard wrapped in bacon and served with avocado slices and cauliflower cheese casserole. No problem with lean meat, there are many good tasting fat to eat with it.

2. Coconut flour pancakes with lots of butter❤️

3. Steak with butter and butter fried cabbage

4. Brie, some nuts, salami or some kind of cured dried ham/sausage, olives, a mug of coffee with cream.

5. Scrambled eggs with some slices of bacon and cucumber sticks.

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #67

Thanks for posting the recipe, Heather. Going to make that tomorrow night.

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #68

The Thai curry chicken and the Indian butter chicken sound really good. I have to buy a slow cooker.

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #69

This is very helpful, Keto Q. Thanks!

(Blessed with butter ) #70

@Elle1 if you fry your chicken to a nice brown crust on the outside/hot pan/ then finish in the oven, Chicken comes out moist every time.

(Tara) #71

This is very close to my recipe for poblano peppers except I put cream cheese in place of the queso dip, and its good to wear gloves when removing the seeds because your hands will burn later.

For the cauliflower rice, I buy the unseasoned frozen stuff because its easier. Fry in a large skillet with butter, 1/4 cup of tomato sauce, and season with a tsp of each or to taste with salt, black pepper, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic powder. Cover and simmer for about 10 mins until its tender, stir a little here and there. Add water if it seems to get dry.

(Diane) #72

Thanks!

(Laurie) #73

Thanks for the stuffed poblano peppers recipe. I don’t cook any more, but it might come in handy someday–you never know!

I first tried poblano peppers when I lived in Mexico. They were tasty and hot but not too hot. The next time I bought them, I was disappointed because they were too mild. The market guy said it depends on the season, and they ones with shiny skin are the hottest.

This recipe reminds me of hot taco/nacho dip, which is another favorite that I don’t make any more. My recipe was similar to that in the following link, but I didn’t use sour cream; I just cut the cream cheese in slices and placed the slices as the bottom layer. I used spices instead of bought taco seasoning (which usually contains starch). You can change whatever else you want too!

https://www.napoleongrills.com/recipes/id/4183/cheesy-game-day-taco-dip

(Empress of the Unexpected) #74

Can I get your recipe?

This is all I eat. Eggs,bacon,sausage,chorizo,cheese,jalapenos. Once a day, 6 times a week.

(MelissaH) #76

How do you make your crack slaw? I tried it due to all the hype and wasn’t very impressed. Maybe just a bad recipe

(Tara) #77

We used to make stuffed bell peppers all the time in many different varieties- beef with taco seasoning, Italian sausage and mozzarella, or even chicken and green chilis with cream cheese. We decided to use poblano peppers because they have a thinner skin, so its less cook time, and I kind of assume they would be less carbs too?
If you do want the heat…try leaving the seeds in and roast the peppers at 400 for about 10 mins. Then carefully cut open and remove the seeds, add the filling and cook until cheese is melted. We like spicy food and its perfect for us.

Yeah, I don’t get the hype either. Meh.

(MelissaH) #79

Good, I thought it was just me🤣

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #80
  1. A tantalizing steak cooked rare

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #81

Thanks, Judy! I’m going to try that. My chicken skin never seems to get crispy enough when I bake it or broil it in the oven.

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #82

Just downloaded the recipe for the gamely nacho cheese dip. Going to serve this on football Sundays! Anyone have any suggestions on a low carb chip I can use this dip on?