Watch out beginners for fake keto recipes and information

(Ken) #7

The exact thing happened with the Paleo concept. Things that are clearly not paleo are called it, negating it’s positive effects.

Anything that alters the glucagon based secretion pattern is clearly not lipolitic, the basis of both Paleo and Keto.

(matt ) #8

Even if you are brand new you should be able to tell that is not keto. Not sure what their goal was with that recipe.

That recipe is pure gag.

(Melanie Armistead) #9

Report them to Amazon for misrepresentatIon. I’ve done it before when I saw someone selling recipe book with recipes they’d stolen from other people (they were even stupid enough to include watermarked photos from the original site).

Never trust anything that you have not research and discovered yourself, otherwise you know where the problem lies.

I’m a bit of cynic, more so each year, but I wonder how many of these might be wreckers. People so against keto that they are dropping fake info so as to intentionally cause people to fail.

My brother has decided to go keto and was telling me about all the free books on Amazon. I warned him.
He’s really smart, though, and frankly my 8 year daughter would see that recipe is bullshit.
Anyway, I just got Maria Emmerich’s book keto. and am really enjoying it so I recommend it.

Just saw this! Not a bad deal in my opinion.

(Candy Lind) #13

@Haimiko which book did this come from? I don’t know who put this box set together but I don’t recognize any of the authors, and I want to make sure I don’t patronize the one who published this as keto.

(Rob) #14

Tar and Feathers are probably a little harsh, but can we Margarine and Flour them for crimes against Keto?!

(Darlene Horsley) #15

Don’t forget the HFC! :grin:

(Rob) #16

What’s HFC?

I’d also put them in the stocks and throw their sugar and yoghurt at them. :wink:

(Haimiko) #17

This is the book it came from.

(Haimiko) #18

Agree. The margarine and “low-fat” yogurt are the least obvious to keto newbies.

(Haimiko) #19

I tend to agree with you Bob.

You say, keto,
And I say, kato,
You say, potato,
And I say, what the fuck is that?

(Rob) #21

One big steaming pile of carb-shit!

(Candy Lind) #22

No, I meant which individual book in the set. Which author wrote that drivel?

(Sjur Gjøstein Karevoll) #23

One thing is that the recipe isn’t keto, or even close to resembling anything keto…

It’s not even scones. It’s pancakes. That’s a regular pancake recipe…

(Haimiko) #24

Gerald Shaw - “30 Easy steps to reverse Diabetes”. (more like “30 easy steps to perpetuating diabetes” to me)

But is the generic theme of the entire box set. Promoting over indulgence in fruit, whole grains, “light” brown sugar and other completely non-keto and diabetes promoting habits.

(Rob) #25

I wonder… does the Box come in the shape of a coffin?

(Haimiko) #26

Publication date is May 2017! I swear these books read like something out of an 80’s low fat diet book. Looks like they’re just looking to make a quick buck jumping on the keto bandwagon and renaming one of their old books.