Wanted to thank the dudes

I have found the 2 keto dudes podcast. I am a 35 year old local truck driver. When I was over the road a few years ago I was 310 pounds. Then I did calorie counting and lost 50 pounds in a year. But I was starving all the time. I feel my weight creeping up agian. So I’ve tried calories in and calories out agian and can only make it a few days without blowing the diet. I have been doing keto since Monday and hardcore binging the dudes to keep me going and motivating me. I have added lots of butter and salt to my dinner and last night I had food left over and wasn’t close to physically stuffed but had to wrap up my plate since i couldnt take another bite. The scale has gone from 267 to 258 in a week and a half also. This lifestyle is insane u didn’t think it would work but I believed in the dudes science and wanted to thank them. If anyone can point them to this post or if I can email them I would appreciate the help since I I’m so grateful and will continue to be grateful and come around here.

(matt ) #2

Welcome to the club!

(Allan L) #3

The dudes were my motivation during my first difficult month on this way of eating / life.

I downloaded all the podcasts and listened to them daily as I drove to clients all around the country.

I highly recommend people use their podcasts as a “buddy” during the beginning.

(Candy Lind) #4

WELCOME from another driver! You are just beginning to see what this way of life can do for you. It will only get better! And @richard and @carl are around on a regular basis, as well as having a great admin team (and after bingeing the podcasts you will recognize a lot of names!). Everyone here is extremely helpful and positive, which is important because this way of life opposes so much of the generally accepted wisdom about diet and health.

Be sure to look through the “how to” and “getting started” areas because you’ll see answers to your questions in previous posts by other newbies. In other words, we’ve all been through it, and we can help! :wink: The search function here is pretty awesome. If you don’t see a particular question answered right away, try the search. One other great resource (since acronyms abound here) is the Acronyms Wiki - and if you haven’t figured this one out yet, you can look it up in there. KCKO!

(Richard Morris) #5

Welcome @Freak - I listen to the podcast when I cycle. Yeah the one I record … sad right? Actually I laugh at the same bits that Richard on the podcast does, then laugh at myself, then nearly fall off my bike.

(Karen) #6

Welcome “freak”!

@richard Repeated podcast as a listened to mantra makes sense to me. I did a weight loss support one, back in the day, while sleeping although I couldn’t tell if it helped. It supported CICO , ugh.

K

(Candy Lind) #7

We can always count on you to come in and give us a smile or a laugh along with your nuggets of wisdom. :heart_eyes:

(Darlene Horsley) #8

Welcome aboard! You are going to love it here. So much knowledge, wisdom and kindness to learn from.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

(1905975e97ca826a8106) #10

OMG!! Thank you for that acronym wiki. I’ve been struggling so much to work out what the hell folk are talking about. OMAD had me totally stumped. I’m from UK so some terminology is a challenge anyway. Any ideas how HWC may differ from our double cream?

(1905975e97ca826a8106) #11

And welcome Freak. I drive a lot too and am listening to 2yrs worth of the Dudes podcasts. Learning as I drive!

(Jay Patten) #12

I listened to some real dumb-dumbs before I found the Dudes. They show us the science!! I dont even really listen to the other podcasts anymore to be honest.

(Candy Lind) #13

You’re welcome! And another hint. If you go up to the top right, touch/click your pic to see your profile, then touch/click the little “slash in a circle” icon (:no_entry_sign:), you will turn incognito mode off so we can see your (Catchy? Brilliant?) nickname! :wink:

Oh, and the double vs HWC thing - double has more milkfat but I wasn’t sure how much. Many of the ketonians on here are totally enamored with cream in general, so there are threads dedicated to making double cream and of course clotted cream as well (@Fiorella would never let us down on things Anglo). Finally, I found this post where @bokkiedog explained it all for us backward 'muricans. I was curious, myself, and our miraculous search engine did the rest! :smirk:

(Margie) #14

Welcome aboard. Lot’s of great info here and The Dudes absolutely are addicting. I can’t even imagine just how many of us are out here that are addicted to their podcasts…they bring great info and make you feel like you are part of their family🤗
As do the great guests they have and the folks on this forum…Rock on

(Jon Morgan) #15

Hi Freak! (and everyone!)
I started my Adventure in Weight Loss 2 years ago. It was my 63rd birthday and I saw some candid photos that friends took when I wasn’t looking–I usually stand behind others when someone is shooting. And on that day I promised myself and my wife that on my 65th birthday I would weigh the same as when we met and got married–75kg. On that 63rd birthday I was topping the scales at 114kg.
And I did it. I woke up 65 years old last week and weighed in at 74kg. Nice.
But, Freak, you said something that struck me. You said that with the CICO diet you were “always hungry”…I remember that well. It took me about 18 months to lose to lose 18kg through CICO and IF. But I was HUNGRY!!! ALL THE TIME!!!
I came across Keto a bit more than six months ago, and I scienced the hell out of it, and when I started on 4 September I did so with determination and dropped the last 22 kg in these six months. I just don’t experience hunger like before…It’s much easier now to do intermittent fasting or even every other day eating. I can go to the gym in a fasting state and experience an intensity that I haven’t felt in a couple of decades. Keto is amazing… I’m glad to have found this forum.

(Scott Telfer) #16

In my experience uk diary products are always higher in fat than US. Double cream is excellent for our requirements :slight_smile:

(b) #17

2 Keto dudes podcast is definitely one of the very best out there…

Another great site to reference is dietdoctor.com. Glad you are moving towards your goal!