Waffle Sandwiches (bacon, egg, and cheese)

The waffle recipe was based off a recipe I tried during the egg fast that I wasn’t super crazy about. I added almond flour and baking powder trying to “bulk” it up some. Next time I’ll definitely play with seasoning to increase the flavor.

To make the waffles, mix:
2 eggs
2 tablespoons of cream cheese
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
salt
~2 tablespoons of water

Turn wafflemaker on (gives the batter some time to rest)

When ready, pour mixture in wafflemaker, cook about 5 minutes, until done.

Macros for this whole batch of waffles is: 503 cal / 22.56 prot / 30.51 fat / 5.22 carbs
(since I only used 2 for my sandwich, I halved these macros)

Next, I fried an egg in a skillet, set egg aside. I put some butter in the skillet and “toasted” 2 of the waffles. I added the egg, a slice of cheese, and 4 slices of “ready made” bacon for a very yummy sandwich.

My macros (minus butter and mayo since I counted them separate) for the sandwich was:
474 cal / 25.55 prot / 32 fat / 4.6 carbs

Using lots of butter and mayo will up your fats even more.

Make sure to double check macros based on your ingredients

Moderate/Low Protein High Fat recipes
(Kristin Fennell) #2

I think you need to bring your waffle iron when we get together in September! That sandwich looks so yummy!

(Bacon for the Win) #3

I tried this when I got home this morning and made a huge mess! I’m going to play around with the ingredients a bit because I really want this to work.

We probably need suites with kitchens!

Do you have a magic bullet/nutribullet (single serve type blender)? I used one of those. Mess contained in something about the size of a glass.

(Bacon for the Win) #6

I do, but the mess was the waffle iron. Batter was very watery and ran everywhere. Then what was cooking stuck. I may add some coconut flour and cream instead of cream cheese and see how that works.

@Kyz

This person was ahead of their time!

hahaha I guess so! I keep thinking that I need to try these chaffle recipes, but I’m in the middle of a move. I still make the “waffle sandwiches,” but I have been using a waffle recipe from Dr. Berg. I make a double batch and freeze in twos.

Here is a link to the Dr Berg waffles that I make mostly now…

https://drberg.com/Ketogenic-diet-meals-recipes/breakfast/keto-waffles

A double batch makes at least 10 waffles, and I have one of those bigger Belgian-size waffle makers.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #10

@Kyz WTH is “fiber yum”? :smirk:

Fiber Yum is a syrup (although I’ve seen it in powder form too). It’s a bit sweet, but I wouldn’t use it as a syrup over pancakes/waffles. I think I normally buy it from Netrition. A bottle lasts a while (for me) because I mostly use it in this recipe.