Moderate/Low Protein High Fat recipes

newbies
fat
food
protein

(Siobhan) #1

I often see people just starting out on keto, or people who are looking to reduce their protein intake or up their fat intake struggling on what to eat.
Especially some who only think extra fat is sauces, and end up making their food a soupy mess!
I had already made a small post about it previously, but I figured why not expand it into an entire topic where everyone can contribute?

This is something I plan to link to people who are looking to up fat/keep protein moderate, so I am looking for recipes with a fat:protein ratio of 1:1 or higher, preferably higher.
This can include pasta sauces, meatballs, desserts, breakfasts, fatbombs, anything you can think of!

Preferably, but not required, a small comment on difficulty level of the recipe, and fat:protein ratio might be helpful for newbies just starting out.

I’ll start!

Pot Pies: 1.6:1 ratio of fat to protein
Difficulty Easy/moderate

Sausage and pepper soup: 1.5:1 ratio of fat to protein
Difficulty: easy

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers: 3.3:1 fat:protein
Difficulty: Very easy

Buffalo wings: 1.3:1 ratio without the dipping sauce
Add a side of celery (if you like it) and creamy blue cheese dressing (look for one from the store with 1g of carb per 2tbs or less, OR make it yourself) to add some fat and to dip the wings in

Chocolate mousse: 8:1 ratio of fat:protein!
Difficulty: Very easy

Mocha cheesecake bars: 3.6:1 fat:protein.
Difficulty: Easy (mix and pour)

Pudding, 8.5:1
difficulty: moderate

Milkshake, 5:1 - this has special ingredients but you can find simpler recipes for keto milkshakes around by searching for them

How about one of the seven trillion recipes for keto meatballs (swedish, italian, chinese, etc) 1:1 ratio, but pair it with a dessert or a salad with a fatty dressing and you’re solid

Breakfast? If hungry in the morning you could try some muffins 2.75:1 ratio

“oatmeal” 4:1

Maple pecan bars 6:1

What do you guys think? Good for a topic to help newbies up their fat?

Struggling
HELP! I am starving

I love this! I seriously just searched for “moderate protein” because I’m trying to plan meals without too much excess effort to keep my protein lower like in the egg fast.

My math is rusty, so I’m not sure how to handle the ratio business. I can provide some macros as I’ve been painstakingly figuring macros of everything today.

I will post my “how to” on how I made my waffle sandwich for dinner, which had 474 cal / 25.55 prot / 32 fat / 4.6 carbs (before butter and mayo added), and link it here.
Edit: (Done… Waffle Sandwiches (bacon, egg, and cheese) )

My peppermint patty fat bombs "Peppermint Patty" Fat Bombs came from me trying to come up with a fat bomb with minimal protein/carbs to help increase my fats)

I’m looking forward to seeing what tips people come up with here, I could do with some new ideas.

My own tip - I like adding fat to omelettes and scrambled eggs by gently melting some butter in the pan (I’d say my usual ratio is about 25g butter per 3 medium eggs), tipping it into the beaten eggs and whisking in before cooking. The butter helps give the eggs a lovely soft texture as well.

Also, all the veg in my house gets cooked in butter and/or cream. Having fatty side dishes makes a smaller portion of protein go further.