Vintage Ladies Keto Klub

(Karen) #845

Breakfast: tea with half and half
Church: cheese and veg with dip
Broncos game at moms: cauliflower kale pizza, mixed “not good for me” stuff, but not much.
Dinner: 2 wings, grilled zucchini mix, 1/8 cup orzo salad, 1/2 bar quest hero bar, venti americano decaf with HWC.
Not the best day Keto wise. But… all three of my moms great grand babies were at her house. One year, 6 mo, newborn.
:grin::grin::grin:

(Susan) #846

Lunch: 1 red pepper, cut in strips, stuffed with the cream cheese, then bacon over top, in the oven until the meat gets crispy -delicious.

I just re-added dairy but just doing it carefully now =).

I had the coffee with HWC for desert at lunch.

For supper, 1 cup lettuce with the can of chicken and 3 tablespoons of the avocado mayonnaise and the Cherry Berry Herbal tea with 1 tablespoon of HWC for desert.

This evening I will have my Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea, but have it plain =).

This is a lower calorie day but I really have a hard time getting enough calories in some days.

(Rebecca ) #847

Good morning! I have read through this Thread…realizing it was started quite a while ago…and it would be great to see it revived again!
I am Rebecca, aged 58. I am a wife of 35 years, mother of 2 and grandma of 6. I began a Ketogenic Lifestyle June 13, 2019. I am 5’1 and weighed 177.8, I am now 149. I hope I can settle somewhere around 135’ish but am not in a rush. I understand there are years of damage that need to be healed I feel so much better in so many ways…my decaded long thyroid disease is reversing and my Dr is weaning me off of dessicated thyroid medication! I was a certified sugar addict for years, but amazingly I wasn’t a diabetic yet.

I started out with 3 Ketogenic meals per day, then eventually, I discovered I wasn’t hungry many days, so I began what I realized was Intermittent Fasting!! I couldn’t believe I was able to go without food for 16-18 hours!! What I have learned is to listen to my body and respect what it “says”! If I am hungry, I eat, if I am not, I don’t. It has actually been simple for me to transition into this! I don’t miss any “food” from my past life!!

I could go on and on but I will wait…R

(Susan) #848

November 26th’s food:

That is Lunch at 1pm-the Bacon/Avocado Salad and tea, then supper at 4:30 -salmon. veggies, tea.

I was happy with my macros for the day =).

(Rebecca ) #849

I had my usual 10 oz coffee with 1 T heavy cream, 2 t MCT and 10 drops of Stevia at 7:00 am. Something that really amazed me was I didn’t eat anything until 4:00…chicken thighs and spinach au gratin…I have never done that!!!(OMAD):grin:

(Karen) #850

166 lb
Breakfast: MCT with collagen, 1/2 leftover chicken breast
Snack: mercona almonds, Coffee with HWC
Lunch : Chaffle with natural ham and Colby, avocado mayo, mustard
Snack: cheese, Coffee with HWC
Dinner: quiche with asparagus blue cheese, and tomatoes. Chaffle with butter and choc zero syrup
Again too Carby and too many snacks.

(Karen) #851

Thanksgiving was not a total bust
I did have carbohydrates but I didn’t go too crazy. No breakfast, no dinner just Thanksgiving at noon

(Karen) #852

It seems like it’s so hard because we end up going out a lot. Going out isn’t a hardship, but all that food looks so delicious.

Today we met up with my husband’s family and we went out to lunch. I had eaten breakfast, and I was full so full after lunch I didn’t eat dinner. My mother-in-law made us all brownies. I ate one. The wheat really tears up my tummy. It was a poor choice. It’s hard to be a guest.

Tomorrow we’re going to brunch With my husbands car club. I’m pretty sure I can stick to meats and vegetables.

(Rebecca ) #853

I weighed in at 149 this morning. I stayed completely Ketogenic the whole week (with family visiting and Thanksgiving) my only “treat” was an Iced Caffe Mocha from Starbucks. I made a delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake Fat Bomb recipe for Thanksgiving dessert…I didn’t miss Pie at all!! All in all I am feeling GOOD!!! I hope everyone else is, too!!

(Karen) #854

I’m so oooo proud of you. You are an inspiration.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #855

I’ve jumped off the keto wagon and have been low carb for several months. Still at a good weight. A healthy diet, but vegetarian. Dairy, beans, veggies. Wont claim to have never had popcorn or fries. Feel better with three meals a day. But no snacking. Will have another blood test in a couple of months so will be interested in the results. Was previously vegetarian for seven years. Realized I was overdoing the bacon and processed meats.

In the last 3-4 months since I incorporated ‘higher’ carbs a few days a week (up to 70-100 if I can, whole foods mostly) at mostly TMAD + bulletproof coffee with a cup of local raw cow milk in it - I’ve actually had a sustainable weight drop of 5 pounds. Fascinating…!

At 2.5 years in to keto - I’m now slowly aiming to reincorporate some of my fave indian bean/lentil dishes - at least I bought the groceries for them - because I want to have more veg protein in my week. I got two gorgeous new indian cookbooks that have inspired me further (Deepa’s Secrets, and Indian Superfoods) - without grain breads & white potatoes - and staying modest with the refried basmati rice for RS.

And Amish popcorn for movie night - at only 15g carbs for 3 cups of buttery goodness, fits into my pre-maintenance week just fine. Trying to keep up the tasty cheer through winter.

(Rebecca ) #857

Good morning! It’s interesting to see how everyone handles this in their own, unique ways! I have a day now and then when I feel a craving for vegetables and I certainly feed that one!!
It feels good to be back to a normal schedule…at least for a few more weeks!

(Karen) #858

Breakfast: zucchini, summer squash, peppers, onions, two strips of bacon, two eggs. I am trying to include more high fiber vegetables, lower in carbohydrates than some veg, to see if I feel fuller longer.

I am not really sure how insulin resistant I am. I’m trying to find a place that I could do an OGTT with insulin test. My waist height ratio is not too unbalanced. My BMI is on the borderline of normal, and my fasting BG is in the normal range. I’m wondering if a lot of my weight doesn’t have to do with over eating, and not insulin resistance. Just something I’m mulling over.

(Rebecca ) #859

How tall are you Karen?

(Karen) #860

5’-7 1/2”

(Rebecca ) #861

I imagine you look great at that height and weight!!

(Susan) #862

I fasted on Friday, Saturday was very low calorie, 800, and Sunday and Monday the same (the cronomters are on my accountability) and were both terrible, OMAD’s with low enough carbs and no cheats, etc very Keto but bad in that they were only about 1000 calorie days, which is not enough. I need to do better tomorrow =).My stress is high atm so I have no appetite.

(Rebecca ) #863

I’m sorry Susan. I know stress can wreck havoc on a person…I hope the stress let’s up soon!!

(Susan) #864

Thank you, Rebecca. My hubby is having Brain shunt surgery on December 16th and I don’t drive, so I am just trying to make sure I have enough groceries in for a month, and all my Christmas things I need etc in by then hehe =).