Vintage Ladies Keto Klub

(Rebecca ) #865

I had read that earlier. I hope you and your husband will get a lot of help and support from your family during this time!:hugs:

(Susan) #866

Our family is us and our kids, and none of them drive either, hehe but some of the kids have friends that drive, so if I am really stuck I will ask one of them =).

(Karen) #867

You know I remember Dr. Boz talking about front in the loading your calories in the morning. Something to have to do with cortisol, especially for women. I wonder if that would help.

(Karen) #868

I wish I lived nearby I would totally teach you how to drive. I have taught all my kids and several teenagers who were fearful. Prayers for your husband’s positive outcome, And for the skill of the surgeons.

(Karen) #869

The last week I have been doing lazy keto, with the occasional Christmas goodie. Boy am I paying for it. Last night at Bible study a gal brought pumpkin truffles. A sweetened pumpkin mixture dipped in dark chocolate and with a bit of sea salt. I ate a number,. Plus there was the brownie and ice cream that I ate the other day that my mother-in-law had made for everyone for dessert.

I am going to refocus no wheat no sweet.

(Julie ) #870

Hello Susan,

Hope your husband has a speedy recovery. and lots of hugs and prayers.

(Susan) #871

Thank you very much, Karen =). I have always got really nauseated when I eat in the morning, so even before Keto I was often not eating until noonish and supper (although pre-keto I snacked in the afternoons and evenings which I stopped with Keto).

I like doing 20:4 for IF is all, so if I did eat in the morning, then would have to have the second meal at noon and not have any meals at supper time -which would make my family criticize me even more then they do now is all. They keep telling me I have lost enough (and I still need to lose another 110 pounds) so you can imagine how frustrating that is for me!

(Rebecca ) #872

Oh…my…gosh!!! I can’t even express how good those sound!!!:yum:

(Karen) #873

High meat day.
Breakfast: chicken thigh, coffee
Lunch: chicken thigh, ham, some sweet potato
Dinner: my strip, Cole slaw, roasted veg

(Karen) #874

Breakfast: mct and collagen, Turkey gizzard and neck, coffee
Lunch: salmon, sweet potato, spinach, salad
Dinner: skip

(Susan) #875

Yesterday:

Today:

(Karen) #876

You’re rocking it!!!

(Susan) #877

Thank you, Karen, scale was 238 this morning, so 55 pounds lost exactly now. I have a long way to go, but still nice to see the number going down, even if slowly =).

(Karen) #878

WOW :star_struck: Wow

(Susan) #879

I want to lose a lot more, but I am Keto for life, so I am like the tortoise from the fable of the tortoise and the hare, hehehe. Thanks for the encouragement =).

(Karen) #880

Cute little YouTube about a vegan going carnivore by way of an experiment. She’s getting a lot of pushback from the vegan community

(Susan) #881

That is a cute video, Karen, thanks for sharing it. I have had some Carnivore Days, but I like some vegetables too much.

Today was an OMAD for me, due to my son coming over at noon and I just made supper for them and the following for me. I really enjoyed and I have no hunger or anything, but again, my calories were definitely too low.

(Karen) #882

I have a terrible time figuring out how many calories i need. I weight less than you a but I don’t want to under eat. Been there, done that.

https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

Suggests 1550 for me. My sister and I did the prism diet years ago. We lost weight
I did metabolic research diet and lost weight.
I did weight watchers 3 times. Lost I little bit. I did Atkins twice. Always lost.
I did a form of the cabbage soup diet.
I did BBSS , no bread, no butter, no salt, no sugar. And lost. Some included calorie restriction. Some more exercise. And I have been told but many medical people. Eat less, exercise more. :stuck_out_tongue:

Keto does work fairly well. Miss the vegetable variety. Especially starchy vegetables.

(Susan) #883

I can definitely relate to your post, Karen! I have spent years Yo-Yo dieting, so now I feel a freedom that I have never felt before with Keto.

At the beginning (back in February, when I began) I felt like I was on another diet, but this soon changed to me realizing, hey, I need to and can eat like this forever. I started feeling so much better, and not hungry between meals, and feeling good about myself, and happy with my progress.

Keto is my lifestyle now, forever. I am never going back to SAD and I plan on only having the occasional special days of going a tad off plan OMAD meals -such as Mother’s Day, my Birthday, Christmas, we don’t vacation ever, so I don’t have to include that. In the future, there will be a few additional days, like my kid’s weddings, etc but in general I am not going to ever “pig out” or go crazy eating junk, even on those days. I feel like the foods on the SAD diet are poison to my body, so I have no problem in avoiding them now!

I never ever want to go back to how I was eating before, I feel so much better now, so this is how I intend to eat forever =). I know that losing the rest of my weight will take me quite a while, but I am seeing a slow but steady progress to my goals, so that is what matters!