Vintage Ladies Keto Klub

(Tracy) #525

I knew it! Way to go girl! :+1:t2::grin:

(Darlene Horsley) #526

Thank you Ladies! I am thrilled!

(Karen) #527

You must be soooo pleased. We are so proud of you!

K

(Darlene Horsley) #528

Awwww, thank you Karen.

(Ida) #529

Chocolate, hum, Endangered Species 88% pure dark chocolate, a square will do the trick, very rich, 88% for .07 grams per square.

(Ida) #530

I get a lot of protien from baked fish, fatty fish. It helps, I’m 55 & gained a lot after menopause. But keto gives me energy & hope :heart:

(Karen) #531

I’m gong to try more fish. I like fish, just forget to buy it. I need more food volume with lower protein. Fish will get me that. Good reminder @idacider

K

When you find out let us know! I go in the next couple months for my blood work up! I love this way of life but like you don’t want to be disappointed but if it doesn’t come back the way you want it - step away from the chocolate!! :joy::joy:

(Darlene Horsley) #533

I did Lorrie. It came down to 5.7 :grin:
The chocolate aisle is now safe. LOL

(Karen) #534

Diet disaster today, relative.
Breakfast: egg, bacon,greens, butter, asparagus.
Lunch: restaurant green salad, vingerette, egg, hollandaise, 1/2 c grilled garden veg. No English muffin.
Snack : peanuts (too many)
Dinner: restaurant again.
Help me choose something to straighten this out. Thinking Caesar salad, sans croutons

K

(Liz) #535

Salad nicoise is always a good one…go heavy on the dressing and it’s good!
My other go to dishes are the antipasto, minus the bread, or the mozzarella, tomato and basil salad with plenty of oil.
Good luck :grinning:

(Joan) #536

I’ll be no help, I had a cashew incident last evening, not the whole bag but too many. I’m looking up salad nicoise…

(Tracy) #537

Good morning ladies! Today is my ketoversary! One year ago today, I took the plunge, and have not looked back, well, not much anyway. :wink:

For the most part it has been an amazing revelation and relatively easy. I have never been so free to just live without food controlling my every move. However, I’m in a bit of a not-so-easy place at the moment.

I initially lost 40 pounds on low carb about three years ago, and then another 40 on the Ideal Protein Protocol later on that year. Predictably, I started to gain it back when I could no longer follow that low fat protocol; I was hangry all the damned time! Then, last year at this time I found keto. I lost 22 of the 30 I had gained back by about 5 months in. I had high hopes, and then I stopped losing. I started IF. I tried some longer fasts and had some electrolyte issues, so I stopped that. I’ve listened to pretty much every keto podcast ever produced seeking answers, repeatedly, and consequently have become a bit confused due to the sometimes opposing opinions and views.

The most recent thing I’ve tried is ZC, which I did for about a month and then came off of because I felt my mood dropping. I went ZC because I had over-indulged at Christmas and found myself not only gaining weight, but dealing with food addiction again. I think that’s why I stopped ZC because I felt better after some veg, and then some mugs cakes, and then about 100 fat bombs! LOL! So yesterday I decided that on this most important day I would re-commit to ZC again and slay the beast once and for all. Yeah, good luck with that! LOL!

My job is extremely stressful, and my last blood test results indicate that my thyroid is not doing its job properly despite being on two grains of NDT. So, all of that,on top of the way I let the beast inside have full reign all through Christmas, go a long way toward explaining the fact that my pants are tight and I’m too afraid to weigh myself. Sigh.

So, I’m writing this for a few reasons. First, it’s Sunday morning and I have the damned time! :grin: Second, I needed to share this day with people who would understand its significance instead of thinking me nuts. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And also to state somewhere other than my journal that I won’t allow myself to give up. If the only thing that I do here is lose another 10 pounds and stay there for the rest of my life, I will be OK with that, but I am never going back to where I started.

So, KCKO everyone. Thanks for being here to support each other. :two_hearts:

(Jo) #538

Keep on keeping on Tracey! Congratulations on your year in this WOE.
Thank you for sharing your journey this morning, so honestly. I really appreciate it.

(Marie Dantoni) #539

We’ve all been there, so you certainly aren’t alone. It sounds like you’re getting really focused. Getting started is the hardest, but we’re all tough cookies here.

I’ve had a couple of gallbladder attacks, although none since starting Keto. My pain was located very similarly to yours but I also had terrible back pain. It turns out I had a small gallstone blocking the duct. It fell away and I’ve been good since then.(over a year ago) With respect to your weight loss, good for you for doing the IF. I can’t bring myself to IF. The very thought of not eating when I am hungry terrifies me. LOL! I am 56, started Keto in mid-December (not the best timing). I’ve lost about 8lbs. (It’s March 11 today) I’m not terribly disappointed that the weight isn’t falling off of me. I feel way better than I used to and most of the fat that I have lost has been from my mid-section, which was my “fattest” area. Now my muffin top is nearly completely gone, I have a waist again and have dropped 2 pant sizes. So, all in all, I’m not too distressed that the scale isn’t moving much. Hope you are feeling better soon.

(Liz) #541

I also let the beast have full control until 10/1/18 , understand completely.
You have great support here from everyone and I am in your corner too, together we will all KCKO into our even more vintage years.
Best wishes for your ZC, I stay ataround 10 and it stops the cravings but look forward to reading your updates.

(Diane) #542

I’m just now jumping in here. I’m 52 and will have been eating ketogenically for six months on the 16th. I just finished my 2nd EF. I’m down one pant size, but I can now take off my ”skinny” jeans without undoing them. And I just bought my second smaller size bra since starting keto.

It was also 56 degrees here in Utah today. Balmy! Spent the afternoon working in my yard. Feeling definitely cheery.

(Karen) #543

Cashews…bet you can’t eat just one. OK, I’m dating myself!

K

(Karen) #544

I love your public declaration and recommitment!! Couldn’t go ZC. I need my veggies.:blush::blush:

K