Vintage Ladies Keto Klub

(Candy Lind) #505

I wish I could like this about ten times!

(Joan) #506

Yea know, I have been whining and crabbing about not losing weight, boo hoo and whoa is me, why isn’t it working and today I looked back at my log, (it only shows 2 weeks at a time) but I looked back and in 6 months I’ve lost 25 lbs!!! WTH am I crabbing about?!?! That’s awesome. And to make it better my first thought was not to go out for dinner to celebrate it was to go out and get my nails done!

(Ruth E Holleran) #507

Me too. I was discouraged about not making progress (after gaining over Christmas and struggling with chocolate cravings since) until I realized I have not put on my annual winter weight, and that I am now lower than I have been for years at this time of year. When I can finally get on my bike again come May I will be quite a bit ahead! This is worth celebrating.

(Liz) #508

Ladies…may I join late to the party? I am 56 and back at keto after an appalling lapse…my excuse for eating badly was emergency bowel surgery and I let the excuse stand for 8 months! Struggled with weight my whole life and my greatest success has been low carbing. Lost 22lbs since Jan 10th but stuck for three weeks now…will KCKO but very interested to read this thread.
Great idea to create support for us ‘more mature’ :joy: ladies!

(Candy Lind) #509

The right approach!

And WELCOME. :grin:

(Liz) #510

Thanks so much! Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning new ideas :grinning:

(Karen) #511

Welcome! Just jump in.

K

(Liz) #512

Re Chocolate cravings…weirdly I have not had many this time around but I have just discovered a tea by Twinings that hits the spot!
Their Nutty Chocolate Assam…comes in a packet of 12 for under £2 , UK, tastes pretty good, nutty with cocoa undertones and a real treat with a splash of cream.

(Sarah P Pearl) #513

Thanks, Richard!

(Sarah P Pearl) #514

Peeled radishes sauteed in butter, or put in stews taste like potatoes, too.

(Darlene Horsley) #515

Wish me luck Ladies. This morning I meet with Doc and get results of my bloodwork. I went Keto 9/5 after learning my A1C was 6.5
If it’s not down I swear it’s gonna be death by chocolate! :wink: JK
KCKO

(Tracy) #516

Welcome! :wave:

I love that we have a little corner of the keto universe to call our own. (You know, they really need a feisty old lady emoji! :rofl:)

(Tracy) #517

Sounds heavenly! I’ll have to look for it here.

(Tracy) #518

There is no doubt in my mind your A1C will have trended lower. And your HDL will most likely have gone up too. Yay! But if you’re like me, be prepared for the “Your LDL cholesterol is a little high” conversation. :roll_eyes: I told my doctor not to worry about it. :grin:

(Darlene Horsley) #519

Thanks Tracy. I certainly hope so.

(Liz) #520

Sure it will be good! My last tests (run by my Dr as had a small stroke 2yrs ago, not for diabetes as they say reversed) showed cholestrol of 3 and fasting bs of 4!
Look forward to seeing your results :crossed_fingers::ok_hand:

(Darlene Horsley) #521

Me too!

(Desiree) #522

I use the Carb Manager app, and love it!

(Darlene Horsley) #523

Woo hoo!! A1C is 5.7

(Liz) #524

Great news :+1: