Vanilla Semifreddo

custard

I like to put this in the freezer 30-60 mins before eating so that it semi freezes but you can use it as a hot or cold custard too. I can only get single cream (30% fat) here so that is what I used. I would make it with double if I was in the UK I think.

This recipe makes 3 generous or 4 smaller portions.

250ml cream
3 egg yolks
2.5 tsp Truvia
small vanilla pod
tiny pinch of salt

Microwaveable tallish container
Stick blender

Put the cream, sweetener, vanilla pod (chopped up into small pieces) and salt in a jug and microwave for approx 1.5 minutes on high or until just at boiling point. Mix well with a stick blender.
Add the egg yolks and blend again.
Put back in the microwave for repeated short bursts of about 20 seconds for about a minute. Blend well between each burst.
NB. The timing is going to vary depending on your microwave. Of course you can do it in a pan on the stove also but this way is super quick and easy.
Strain the mix through a sieve to remove the mashed up pods. This also is a way to get rid of any lumps should you have over done some of the microwave blasts!

Cool and put in ramekins. Put them in the freezer about 30-60 minutes before you want to eat them. My perfect mix is frozen around the edge but still quite liquid in the centre.

Enjoy!

Net carbs - 9.5 for total mix
This is going to rather depend on the cream you use. Mine came in at 8g total/net. I have allowed 0.5g per egg yolk as data seems varied.

How to use lots of eggs
Miraculous microwave custard